• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Controlling

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

i love my bf but he aint half controlling so much so that if he is watching tv and im reading a book or texting someone he wants me to look at the tv and stop what im doing... also when i roll a ciggy or spliff he will tell me to wait as he aint ready for one yet.... why cant i just do my own thing i dont like being controlled i dont, not one bit... plus if he is doing something he will tell me to shhhh even if its something important to me that i want to say. its like he wont listen to me... now this sounds much worse and horrible wrote down... i love him loads i do

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Ahhhh bless you judazz, sometimes it helps just letting it out doesn't it! Maybe you could try and talk to him very subtly about this, little fairy steps at first. He's probably not even aware he's doing it x hugs x sparkly x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Ahhhh bless you judazz, sometimes it helps just letting it out doesn't it! Maybe you could try and talk to him very subtly about this, little fairy steps at first. He's probably not even aware he's doing it x hugs x sparkly x
thanks sparkly xxxxxxxxxxxxxx i will try lickle fairy steps i dont think he is aware he is doing it your right

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Do you feel able to talk to him about this? I have a friend, who I love dearly but he can be very controlling - to the point that my therapist felt he was holding me back from my recovery. I talked to him, he wasn't aware he was doing it and thought he was helping me. Now I just have to look at him when he does it and we both smile!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Confusedandanxious People 5