• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Control

Funnyday

Funnyday

My voices are always trying to convince me that they can control my actions and thoughts. However, I notice them when they impersonate my inner voice. They also try to get me to dither and doublethink my actions as being controlled by them. So as to make me self conscious of any and all interactions. Causing me to not be able to maintain normality.

N

natalie

I would book a triage t elelphone call, via the GP services, or fill out a E consult, a form can be filled out on many surgeries websites, and explain this to t hem regarding you can't maintain normality as and when because I seriosuly feel, you do need to be assessed or reassessed, by a pshchartrist.

EdEd

EdEd

The voices have the ability to influence your emotions.. can influence what you think about possibly... for instance a voice can say Booze , Booze.. you could hear that and instead think water , water..

EdEd

EdEd

So the voices have the ability to provoke different responses from us.. it's up to us to choose which responses are necessary... and if it even deserves a response at all.

Funnyday

Funnyday

There is no treatment that can stop my voices as they're real people. I just have to lump it and hope that sooner or later my Psychiatrist orders an x-ray be carried out.

N

natalie

I would make an early in timeframe appointment to be seen by the pshychartrist.

EdEd

EdEd

Control Definiton: the power to influence or direct people's behavior or the course of events..
So in short , if you let the voices change your mood or emotions..and it affects your behavior then the voices have control.. so control is given to the voices..

EdEd

EdEd

You can disempower them by not letting what you hear effect you. Ergo - No control.

Daybreak

Daybreak

There is no treatment that can stop my voices as they're real people. I just have to lump it and hope that sooner or later my Psychiatrist orders an x-ray be carried out.
When did you first start hearing voices?

A

Am33

When I hear voices ( I call them projections ) I say Michael out loud over and over until they are gone .