• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Constant thoughts of death

D

db110688

I'm a 21 yr old female (just turned 21). Im not suicidal but I often have horrible thoughts of dying. Sometimes all of the time but most of the time just before I go to sleep or when Im alone. I've did a little research and so far it sounds like anxiety. At the beginning of this year a guy I was dating passed away from a drug over dose and Ive thought maybe it could have something to do with that. It was a very tramatic experience for me because I was the one that found him dead in his apt. I've never actually had a panic attack, I dont think, but when I start thinking about dying I start having trouble breathing and I feel like my heart starts racing. I dont think I'm depressed, I've accepted what happened with my ex and I have moved on with my life. I'm very happy with my life now. Met a nice guy, moved to another state, living the happy life I've always wanted so I've ruled out depression. I just need a little insight from personal experiences... Thank you...

A

Apotheosis

Can I be candid -

I'm personally not bothered about dying, in fact, getting older, & getting closer to that day is something that I feel good about. I don't find this morbid at all, I also think about death a lot, & my own & other peoples mortality.

I want to get to an old age, & live a full life, I am not suicidal, & nor do I have a death wish. Death is a natural part of life, but the human condition usually invokes a great fear of death - it is fear of the unknown.

It must be hard to have found your friend. I have had friends die too.

If you are interested, there is a very good book about life & death called Journey of souls - By Dr Michael Newton; I found it very helpful to were I was at.