• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Constant music in my head.

R

Richierich

Hallo everybody. This is my first time posting on here. I know this is something that a lot of people get but with me it is constant. During the day it is often different tunes but they are all songs that I like and it doesnt bother me too much. But at night when i go to bed it's nearly always the same tune and although it's a great song its driving me nuts as it really stops me getting to sleep straight away. Also when trying to get to sleep (in between the music) I get random thoughts about stuff. Its rarely anything I'm anxious or worried about just trivial stuff. Does anybody else suffer from similar things and if so do you know of anything that can help me?

Argon

Argon

I always have music in my head. I was listening to Glazounov's 5th Symphony a couple of days ago and the finale keeps running. It's cool though. If something bothers me a listen to something else that's good to replace it. I've got Tchaikovsky's 3rd Symphony finale now.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Hi This also happens to me I have different songs running through my mind most of the day. At night also and when I wake up in the morning. It does get annoying sometimes especially if it's a song I don't like.

floater

floater

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've tinnitus. When its bad feel like ending it all, really. Got headphones that over-ride the sound ceiling of the tinnitus if loud enough. Got a hearing aid, that's in need of replacement. If civilization survives through the new year and lunacy of Brexit. One good ear, so everything I listen to is in mono these days.

S

swillis

I used to get the same thing. This was before I was diagnosed and before I started to seriously decline. Not saying any of this will happen to you, but I started to imagine songs in my head and I've had times when it's like there on in the background (mentally), but still prevalent in my mind. They just faded away over time and cleared up, I still get catchy tunes stuck in my head, but find listening to them usually helps me move past it.

If it helps, play the song before you go to bed, loud or quiet, depends on your personality I guess and your mood and it might help.