Constant *hungover* feeling

G

George10111

I'm so tired of not being in control of my energy levels. I can't have low level energy with my lifestyle and my requirements. Unfortunately all I want to do all damn day is sleep. My job and my hobbies are physically exerting and exhausting. Getting out of bed is a struggle and I feel like I'm half asleep for the first half of the day. I don't drink. I feel so out of it and tired all the time. Coffee doesn't help at all. Staying 'hydrated' doesn't do shit. Doctor says I'm fine. Its so frustrating. I literally feel like I'm handicapped with exhaustion.

I don't have the energy and stamina I once had and that I once loved. I used to be the guy who had all the energy and could do anything. I was the kid in elementary school who would never shut up and was always laughing. High school was different but I still was there. I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm not doing anything differently then I was a year ago. Same medications, same diet, etc. The reason I use hangover instead of fatigue is this is some serious fatigue. Its a behemoth of fatigue, the zilla of tiredness. Its unbeatable.

Eating food makes me very, very sleepy, practically drugged. Doesn't matter what I eat. Food used to give me energy. Now when I sleep I wake up more tired then the night before. Its almost like 'negative sleep.' Anyway does anybody have any ideas besides caffeine and vitamins that could help?

I

indigo6

Hi George sorry feel so tired. How are u managing to keep going? I think somethings gotta give.

I dont know about meds but do they have an effect after long term use? could you look it up?
Oh dear I saw caffeine...I was told to cut it (aswell as sugar) as they make us tired.
Are you actually sleeping? if so is it med induced because that is probably not true sleep and u will feel absolutely knackered.

Melatonin? Vit D -like 10k iu?

G

George10111

Sleep is often medicated. I’ve been wasted drunk 😵 and know how bad the next day is. Even this is worse. Maybe I’ll give melatonin before bed a try. When I actually feel normal that is my energetic. I haven’t had true outlasting stamina in sooo long. Thanks for your suggestions. Have a great day sir

I

indigo6

Ok it really may be the meds which is good kind of. I think you ned to see Doc to get adjusted. I had diazepam for a while and was same. I learned they messed up the sleep cycles. Therefore wiped out each day. Good luck George.

Lady Indigo :D

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
I was just wondering if you have had your thyroid levels checked?
an underactive thyroid can cause low energy levels

hope you feel better soon love Lu xxx

T

Turnitoffandonagain

Sounds very similar to how I felt constantly for 15 years. Constantly felt like I had a heavy tarpulin of exhaustion draped over me. The food thing sounds familiar as well, though I'd describe it as feeling as if all the blood drained out of me immediately after eating. I'd have to lie down for an hour after eating sometimes.

Ditto the sleep not refreshing and waking up just as tired as when I went to bed. Every morning it would be like 'is it any better...nope, muscles still stiff, still light-headed, still exhausted'.

Only other thing though was being driven insane by a unbearable feeling of oxygen-starvation, sometimes I'd have to sit motionless or get out of breath at the slightest movement, other times I'd spend entire days crippled by a constant and unrelenting needing to yawn, as if the blood or oxygen supply to my brain was constricted.

Never got an explanation, just endless anti-depressants that did absolutely nothing, then it myseriously went away for a few years, then suddenly came back again, only worse and slightly different, with added other symptoms (like sinuses full of glue and constantly dry and painful upper-airways). It has pretty much destroyed my life.

I strongly believe now that there are physical diseases that are simply unrecognised and unacknowledged by medics. Which, after all, has been the case for most of human history up to now, so why should the present day be any different?

Depression is a rational response to impossible circumstances. As is anger. The assumption of therapists that those things are 'irrational' is itself irrational. I'm irritated with psyche-professionals who fail to acknowledge or have any understanding of the actual circumstances their clients are trying to endure.

T

Turnitoffandonagain

Why is it assumed that now, just in this era, medical science suddenly knows everything? In contrast to the long history of doctors completely missing or misunderstanding vast numbers of conditions?

I don't agree with the assumption that if medics can't find something it isn't there. It's irrational, becuase it smuggles in the unsupported assumption that medics are omniscient.

If physics worked the way medicine does it woudn't have advanced very far. Any data that didn't fit with current understanding, from the Mitchelson-Morley experiment to the advance of the perihelion of Mercury, to the ultraviolet catastrophe, would just be explained away as 'psychological', the all-purpose God-of-the-Gaps that protects the medical ego.

T

Turnitoffandonagain

And those aren't even the only physical symptoms, others were and are even worse, but don't really feel like going into them. Tired with dealing with therapists and psychologists who have the benefit of perfect physical health (or even just illnesses that actually have a diagnosis and treatements available) and being patronised by them. All most of them are concerned with is their own self-image as an 'expert', or their own income and lifestyle.