• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

constant fear

C

cally75

Hi all.
As you might know, my court date is rapidly approaching.

I've got psychiatric assessment next week & court the week after.
The assessment will help my case but until then, I'm on my own & have to try deal with the stress.
I'm drinking twice as much & not really eating. Can't keep anything down including my meds so pointless taking them!

A year of stress for a few hours in court.
The way I feel now is I need to start eating or I won't have the strength to face it. If I don't turn up, I'll be arrested so there's no way round it.

All the worry ' s unecessary. I'm only expecting a small punishment it's just the anticipation winding me up!
Any tips please?

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hi cally,
Could you try by eating something you really fancy? Or try meal replacement drinks? I'm not very good where not eating is concerned, I have the complete opposite problem!
In regards to your worries, it's only natural for you to feel stressed, try to ground yourself with rational thinking? When the worries start, reassure yourself about the worse that may happen - realistically not dramatised!

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

As someone with a stomach problem, what helps me keep things down is to not drink alcohol (or if you really want to have some stay away from wine etc.), drink only water and to stay away from acidic and spicy food. Eat little and often. And start with bland things. I do this when stressed even before I get ill. I hope this is in some way helpful. :)

C

cally75

As someone with a stomach problem, what helps me keep things down is to not drink alcohol (or if you really want to have some stay away from wine etc.), drink only water and to stay away from acidic and spicy food. Eat little and often. And start with bland things. I do this when stressed even before I get ill. I hope this is in some way helpful. :)
Thanks all!
I'll try to eat something before bed