• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Constant Anxiety Symptoms?

Do you have constant anxiety attack symptoms?

• Total voters
T

Twinkl3dom

Hello,

For a quick background I had my first panic attack when I was like 12/13 (I didn’t know what it was back then) but over the years they have become more severe/frequent.
A few years ago I had a bad bout of them (once I even passed out) but they went away when I started college (I think I had so much more to think about that be constantly worried about my health/the people around me). Recently though they’ve been getting bad again (well I think it’s panic) and because it’s been so long since I has these long/constant feelings of anxiety I just wanted to see if it’s similar to other people’s experiences. I have not been able to go to the doctors about it yet due to the current coronavirus situation (and I’ve already filled out 2 online forms about something else in the past 2 months so I feel guilty doing it again)!

So I’ve been feeling dizzy recently and I am hoping it’s just anxiety (I have good eye health as I went to the opticians) but I can’t tell if the dizziness causes the panic or vice versa?
I just feel in a constant state of anxiety atm.

When I’m at the peak of a bad attack I:
- feel like I’m choking
- feel like I’m going crazy/blind/dying
- feel like a burden on everyone
- feel dizzy and nauseous with brain fog and light headedness
- feel sweaty and like I’m trembling
- occasional tingling (but only with some attacks)
- sometimes heart palpitations

but recently my ‘panic symptoms’ have been more constant like:
- stomach trouble
- acid reflux/indigestion
- feeling restless and constantly unrested
- insomnia
- feelings of dread
- tight muscles
- feeling emotional/angry/frustrated/getting impatient at those around me
- feeling like I have brain fog
- feelings of dizziness

I just feel very hopeless atm and having health anxiety means that none of these feelings are helping. I’m constantly doing balance tests and checking my blood oxygen because I’ve been so paranoid (they all appear okay)!

Does anyone else experience constant bouts of anxiety? Or should I be concerned?

p.s. I have also been having shoulder trouble so I’m not sure if the dizziness is caused by that but either way it’s not fun!

Thank you in advance.

M

Midnight star

Hi,

I have experienced this. It started about 5 years ago and I had numerous test nothing was wrong. Well, two weeks ago all the physical symptoms came back. I know I’m stressed but didn’t know it was this bad. Yesterday my finger was twitching and that’s when I knew I was really stressed. I caught a panic attack in the car out of no where and I thought I was gonna crash. I made it home after feeling like I was dying and laid down. It’s funny that my symptoms disappear once I lay my head down. Maybe it’s because my body and mind realize I’m resting. My physical symptoms are light headed, dizziness sometimes a pain in my chest it doesn’t last long it feels like heartburn. Weakness, foggy feeling, all day long it feels like a band around my forehead. I have started a new job and I don’t want to let my symptoms show so I fight through although it feels like I’m losing my mind. I was just out with my daughter and while standing up I got really dizzy then a strang nervous stomach feeling then I got hot and I sat down. I’m so scared but I need someone to talk too about this

T

Twinkl3dom

Hi,

I’m sorry you’re going through this too and that they’ve come back after so long! It’s so awful and absolutely terrifying especially when you’re driving or with family! Our symptoms are very similar almost exact! And I don’t know about you but there doesn’t seem to be a trigger? I can’t tell if the symptoms are an actual trigger or if my brain is telling me to panic so I do! I’m not sure if it’s the same for you?
The only thing I find helps slightly is sitting down next to a fan (with the heat and sweating and nausea) whilst sipping water and have a chewing gum (although I panic I’ll pass out and choke on it so I don’t always have one!).
The symptoms are awful and I know how you feel! It’s terrible how anxiety can make us think and physically feel :( it’s so scary! At least we know we’re not alone with our symptoms.

Hi,

I have experienced this. It started about 5 years ago and I had numerous test nothing was wrong. Well, two weeks ago all the physical symptoms came back. I know I’m stressed but didn’t know it was this bad. Yesterday my finger was twitching and that’s when I knew I was really stressed. I caught a panic attack in the car out of no where and I thought I was gonna crash. I made it home after feeling like I was dying and laid down. It’s funny that my symptoms disappear once I lay my head down. Maybe it’s because my body and mind realize I’m resting. My physical symptoms are light headed, dizziness sometimes a pain in my chest it doesn’t last long it feels like heartburn. Weakness, foggy feeling, all day long it feels like a band around my forehead. I have started a new job and I don’t want to let my symptoms show so I fight through although it feels like I’m losing my mind. I was just out with my daughter and while standing up I got really dizzy then a strang nervous stomach feeling then I got hot and I sat down. I’m so scared but I need someone to talk too about this

M

Midnight star

Omg, I actually do the same thing. I have to carry an ice cup around with water when I feel like this i sip my water or chew ice. I had a fan at work but someone took it. It’s something about the water that calms me down a bit. It’s so scary and a lot of times I don’t know when my mind is racing it just does. A million thoughts all day long. Lately I have been so depressed I don’t want to come home. I love my children so much but when I get off work I don’t even want to be bothered I go straight to my room. I can’t even find the energy to spend time with them. I know this is awful and it seems as though I’m a bad mother but I just want to go back to how I used to feel. I’m not on meds but I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday so I will try some meds to see if this will help a bit. It may be time to get a little more help

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Hello,

For a quick background I had my first panic attack when I was like 12/13 (I didn’t know what it was back then) but over the years they have become more severe/frequent.
A few years ago I had a bad bout of them (once I even passed out) but they went away when I started college (I think I had so much more to think about that be constantly worried about my health/the people around me). Recently though they’ve been getting bad again (well I think it’s panic) and because it’s been so long since I has these long/constant feelings of anxiety I just wanted to see if it’s similar to other people’s experiences. I have not been able to go to the doctors about it yet due to the current coronavirus situation (and I’ve already filled out 2 online forms about something else in the past 2 months so I feel guilty doing it again)!

So I’ve been feeling dizzy recently and I am hoping it’s just anxiety (I have good eye health as I went to the opticians) but I can’t tell if the dizziness causes the panic or vice versa?
I just feel in a constant state of anxiety atm.

When I’m at the peak of a bad attack I:
- feel like I’m choking
- feel like I’m going crazy/blind/dying
- feel like a burden on everyone
- feel dizzy and nauseous with brain fog and light headedness
- feel sweaty and like I’m trembling
- occasional tingling (but only with some attacks)
- sometimes heart palpitations

but recently my ‘panic symptoms’ have been more constant like:
- stomach trouble
- acid reflux/indigestion
- feeling restless and constantly unrested
- insomnia
- feelings of dread
- tight muscles
- feeling emotional/angry/frustrated/getting impatient at those around me
- feeling like I have brain fog
- feelings of dizziness

I just feel very hopeless atm and having health anxiety means that none of these feelings are helping. I’m constantly doing balance tests and checking my blood oxygen because I’ve been so paranoid (they all appear okay)!

Does anyone else experience constant bouts of anxiety? Or should I be concerned?

p.s. I have also been having shoulder trouble so I’m not sure if the dizziness is caused by that but either way it’s not fun!

Thank you in advance.
I have panic attacks, now semi regular with my meds. I understand what you gp through. My main symtoms are the feeling of the heart going crazy and my hands and feet turning into claws. Scary as hell but can be managed.
H

47char63

Hi there! Just thought I'd comment to say you're not alone.
I've had anxiety for the past 3/4 years but they've spiraled since having my daughter 3 months ago. I've developed constant muscle twitches and jerks, pressure and tension in my head almost daily and a constant lightheaded/dizzy/wooziness type of feeling. It literally never leaves me and I sometimes need to decide not to drive incase I start to feel worse when I've got the kids in the car.
My anxiety revolves around my health so the physical symptoms scare me even if they are mild.
Funnily enough I don't seem to ever get a proper panic/anxiety attack which makes me wonder if my physical symptoms are anxiety related at all which it turn starts to scare me as I worry there's something wrong with me. It's exhausting!

T

Twinkl3dom

I feel like water is 100% a saviour to those of us with anxiety! It’s a pain having to carry it everywhere but without it I’d be lost! The ice chewing is a good idea!! I think it’s so much to do with other thinking which is the worst thing because your mind is just overwhelming you with different things! I’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling with feeling depressed too, it must be so difficult especially having children. But please don’t think you’re a bad mother, you need to take care of you and anxiety is very exhausting! I think the doctors is a good idea so you can catch it before it gets even worse. I really hope your appointment goes well, please keep me updated if you get chance! I hope you begin to feel better soon x

Omg, I actually do the same thing. I have to carry an ice cup around with water when I feel like this i sip my water or chew ice. I had a fan at work but someone took it. It’s something about the water that calms me down a bit. It’s so scary and a lot of times I don’t know when my mind is racing it just does. A million thoughts all day long. Lately I have been so depressed I don’t want to come home. I love my children so much but when I get off work I don’t even want to be bothered I go straight to my room. I can’t even find the energy to spend time with them. I know this is awful and it seems as though I’m a bad mother but I just want to go back to how I used to feel. I’m not on meds but I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday so I will try some meds to see if this will help a bit. It may be time to get a little more help

T

Twinkl3dom

It’s such a horrible and weird experience especially during attacks! I’m so glad your meds are working out for you though, well as much as they can!

I have panic attacks, now semi regular with my meds. I understand what you gp through. My main symtoms are the feeling of the heart going crazy and my hands and feet turning into claws. Scary as hell but can be managed.
H

T

Twinkl3dom

Oh no that must be awful as well especially having such a young daughter. The muscle jerks are very scary because they send you down a symptom rabbit hole and then everything terrifies you! When driving it is awful 100% because you feel trapped so it makes the panic/dizziness/lightheadedness worse especially when you’re with loved ones.
Recently my panic definitely seems ongoing too rather than having massive attacks, it feels like one long one and I’ll think it’s reached a peak but the feelings stay and don’t go away! It’s nice knowing we’re not alone but also it makes you feel bad for everyone else going through this. Health anxiety is very exhausting! I am thinking I might (reluctantly) tell the doctors for peace of mind so maybe that’s the best next step for all of us.

Hi there! Just thought I'd comment to say you're not alone.
I've had anxiety for the past 3/4 years but they've spiraled since having my daughter 3 months ago. I've developed constant muscle twitches and jerks, pressure and tension in my head almost daily and a constant lightheaded/dizzy/wooziness type of feeling. It literally never leaves me and I sometimes need to decide not to drive incase I start to feel worse when I've got the kids in the car.
My anxiety revolves around my health so the physical symptoms scare me even if they are mild.
Funnily enough I don't seem to ever get a proper panic/anxiety attack which makes me wonder if my physical symptoms are anxiety related at all which it turn starts to scare me as I worry there's something wrong with me. It's exhausting!

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

It’s such a horrible and weird experience especially during attacks! I’m so glad your meds are working out for you though, well as much as they can!
Yea its a horrible thing to go through. Mine are less frequent these days thankfully

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Oh no that must be awful as well especially having such a young daughter. The muscle jerks are very scary because they send you down a symptom rabbit hole and then everything terrifies you! When driving it is awful 100% because you feel trapped so it makes the panic/dizziness/lightheadedness worse especially when you’re with loved ones.
Recently my panic definitely seems ongoing too rather than having massive attacks, it feels like one long one and I’ll think it’s reached a peak but the feelings stay and don’t go away! It’s nice knowing we’re not alone but also it makes you feel bad for everyone else going through this. Health anxiety is very exhausting! I am thinking I might (reluctantly) tell the doctors for peace of mind so maybe that’s the best next step for all of us.
You really should speak to your doc. Its not something you should deal with alone

47char63

Yeah as you said, it's one of those ones that's comforting to know you're not the only one but makes you feel bad knowing others suffer too! I finally reached out a couple months back and I'm speaking to a therapist weekly which I find helpful so far so it's something I'd recommend trying at least to anyone unsure

M

Midnight star

Hello everyone,

so an update I recently went to the hospital behind my symptoms after ct of the brain , chest X-ray , blood work and ekg they found nothing . The doctor was actually impressed with my labs. So I followed up with my doctor the next day. She said everything looked fine. I explained my symptoms and she put me on lexapro. Since I have been taking my meds i haven’t been dizzy or lightheaded since and I’m so happy. I almost feel like my old self again. I didn’t want to really be on meds but sometimes life is stressful and we need a little help. Thanks everyone for listening and sharing

U

Undercoverofthenight

That is awesome news!

I too deal with constant anxiety, sometimes minor, sometimes extreme.

If I were to talk with any random person who hasen't dealt eith the level of anxiety that I have experienced. They'd think I was a lunatic.

I have had a reoccurence in some major anxiety in the past 6 months. It is terrifying. And I can't understand why it's back.

Antidepressants have worked wonders for me in the past. Completley pulling me out of the deepest depths of Anxiety and Depression.

I hope it continues to do the same for you!

Carry on, and take care of yourself.

Nutrution and hydration are key.

C

Car1832

Hey everyone. I am new to this. I am the same. I have struggled with anxiety and Pure O ocd for years. It’s now manageable due to my medication. Days felt like I was losing my mind and grip on day to day things.
I have been good considering all going on and for some reason out of no where I have this obsessive thought process and I get so wrapped up in it and tell myself that oh last week I was great when can I go back to that girl. It’s almost like I make a deal about it all and it’s like im
Not me anymore I’m this anxious Person. It’s like torture. Has anyone experienced this. Also it’s the hardest thing to explain.
I’m always here for you guys. So happy i
Joined xx