• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Conspiracy theories

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Does anyone share my interest in so called 'conspiracy theories' such as the one world government,911 truth etc.I've been reading David Icke for years,and listening to Alex Jones's radio show.My consultant tells me to stay away from such material,but I can't as there seems to be a lot of truth in what they say.

T

Twylight

David Icke fascinating

I remember and correct me if i'm wrong:

That amongst other things he announced the he was the 'Messiah'

Well, just before he said that I read in the Good News Bible:

The first Messiah in the second coming, shall be the false Messiah and tormented forever.

I think in his own way he was trying to ' pave the way ' for the real Messiah

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm not sure that's true,at least he doesn't say so in his books.I think his argument is more that we are all divine.That is to say he is divine,but no more so than you or I.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
He admits to having a mental breakdown around the time that he appeared in his shell suit on the wogan show...

T

Twylight

Did he think: if i'm tormented forever, then i'll live forever

A

Apotheosis

Does anyone share my interest in so called 'conspiracy theories' such as the one world government,911 truth etc.I've been reading David Icke for years,and listening to Alex Jones's radio show.My consultant tells me to stay away from such material,but I can't as there seems to be a lot of truth in what they say.
I find such things interesting. I have looked into a lot of the ideas which do the rounds. Alex Jones & David Icke I have listened to & read, but I'm not too keen on them. As a kid I was interested a lot in the Alien question & the paranormal; ghosts & such. A few years ago I researched the whole "mind control" & secret technology field including black aircraft. I've also looked into the 9/11 stuff. I would be interested in finding some new conspiracy theories, or any I haven't heard of.

What I do to get balance is to also take on board & listen to the orthodox view. A lot of conspiracy is 2+2 = 5. Until there is definite proof, then the jury is out. No one knows the future, there is so much which is unanswered. God cannot be proved, there may be no life after death; & this World may be exactly as it appears. I do lean towards thinking that Aliens are behind some things which have gone on, & the Alien question is still the subject that interests me most, but there is no definite proof. I lean towards science more & more. There is also a part of me which doesn't like the general attitude most people have adopted. When the twin towers went down; my first thought was that it was an inside job or complicity. I was very against the Iraq War. However; the official line & the response, may just be true & the right response. Fundamentalist extremist terrorist Muslim forces did exist before 9/11, they do very much exist now, & they do seek destruction of the West. It is not a simple situation; & Bush doesn't help by coming across as having the intelligence of pond life; but, given certain events, the situation in Pakistan & Overall in the Middle East; action certainly needs to be continued to be taken. I'm really not hopeful of things turning out good. The Alex Jones mentality as well doesn't seem very productive or helpful, all he will do in America is to rile people up enough to take up arms & fight the governmental powers & organisations, in the event of more dire circumstances. I don't see how promoting or encouraging such a response is helpful or adds anything to serious debate. But conspiracy theories can be fun & interesting.

This Torrent site is OK for info.

http://tracker.conspiracycentral.net/

Or Google "Conspiracy Central"

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think he considers himself to be a journalist more than anything else.

T

Twylight

i think that if he was having a breakdown - he was extremely brave

D

Danage

I remember and correct me if i'm wrong:

That amongst other things he announced the he was the 'Messiah'

Well, just before he said that I read in the Good News Bible:

The first Messiah in the second coming, shall be the false Messiah and tormented forever.

I think in his own way he was trying to ' pave the way ' for
the real Messiah
If you are a Christian Christ warned about false Messiahs and false teachers:

'For many shall come in my name, saying I am the Christ, and they shall deceive many' (I can't remember where this comes from, but it is somewhere within the Gospels)

As regards eternal torment: would a loving God allow such a thing? I think He would not.

As regards to conspiracy theories, I think they are just that, theories. They can't really be proved, but if they were true, maybe Mr. Icke would be dead, or arrested, by now, or can't the Governments do anything because of freedom of speech?

T

Twylight

If you are a Christian Christ warned about false Messiahs and false teachers:

'For many shall come in my name, saying I am the Christ, and they shall deceive many' (I can't remember where this comes from, but it is somewhere within the Gospels)

As regards eternal torment: would a loving God allow such a thing? I think He would not.

As regards to conspiracy theories, I think they are just that, theories. They can't really be proved, but if they were true, maybe Mr. Icke would be dead, or arrested, by now, or can't the Governments do anything because of freedom of speech?
Certainly I was tormented for many years by psychosis, but now I understand it.
I am no longer afraid to believe in God

D

Danage

Certainly I was tormented for many years by psychosis, but now I understand it.
I am no longer afraid to believe in God
That's good that you understand and believe in God (Who I assume you perceive as good). I can understand why you call psychosis a torment. Mine was scary, but my psychosis has become more of a protector to me, to protect me from life, in a way, but not to disrupt it as it has done so before.

I think the effects of psychosis are ' Post Traumatic '
I suppose in some cases psychosis could be post-traumatic.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Icke doesn't believe in Jesus,he thinks Christianity is falsehood.He certainly doesn't believe he is the messiah.Christians usually reserve the 'false teacher' argument to be used against fellow christians who dont share their exact beliefs or interpretation of the bible,or to attack people from other faiths.
Alex Jones is however a Christian.I find it interesting that Icke is often a guest speaker on his radio show.They disagree on a lot,but agree on so many things that they work together.

D

Danage

Icke doesn't believe in Jesus,he thinks Christianity is falsehood.
I can certainly understand why he would choose to believe this. I once believed it too (although I had Shepardic Ortthodoix Jewish beliefs, so it would be different). There are many sects and denominations of Christianity, and if a denomination is 100% correct then we wouldn't know it. It is a belief.

He certainly doesn't believe he is the messiah.Christians usually reserve the 'false teacher' argument to be used against fellow christians who dont share their exact beliefs or interpretation of the bible,or to attack people from other faiths.
Well, in my opinion, false teachers are people who knowingly teach something contrary to what they believe, because they believe they are teachin false teachings.

Alex Jones is however a Christian.I find it interesting that Icke is often a guest speaker on his radio show.They disagree on a lot,but agree on so many things that they work together.
Is it like the 1947 argument between Bertrand Russell and (if I remember correctly) David Coppleston? One was a Christian (Coppleston) and the other an atheist (Russell).