• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Connecting with people/ the outside world

Gail

Gail

Do others have trouble connecting with other people Trouble making friends connecting with people Trouble believing that people are real in wanting to know you Trouble in trusting people Seeing things about people Trouble full stop. Is this part of blpd or just paranoia speaking or something else having trouble connecting with things at moment just not coping very well
Do others with blpd have these issues? or is it just me

Gail

Gail

PS
feel like im dieing inside and nobody notices or cares feel so alone so afraid of wot might be of the things inside my head of the plans that are there Dont have the courage to do anything If i get in touch i get in touch with my cpn i will get you are doing so well WELL im not i have had enough i dont wanna be like this any more I need to be somewhere Another life pehaps to be someone else wood be bliss I dont know wot i need any more
sorry posted this but need to get it out

K

Kat667

Think it is a problem in that when feeling really good, mania, I get overly talkative and although can talk to people, don't actually make friends easily (people just think I'm odd). I find it hard to connect with others on a level deep enough to sustain a long-term friendship or rather they can't connect with me.
Or else I'm disarmingly open and frighten people by being too intense.

I've been described as a 'chameleon' in other words I can talk to anyone but don't tend to have close friends. Other times I just want to be left alone and not have to talk to anyone and avoid social situations.

iffybob

iffybob

Ident

Hi Kat667, I can identify with that, I would also like to add it helps if a person can follow the 3 converations I am having with them at the same time, ...

I ahve also been accused of being 'moody', talkative one day, quite another, or 10 mins later, it does seem to distrub some people ... :unsure:

P

puffinboy

Hello Gail

I think the answer to your question(s) is YES

Even if you don't have a mental health difficulty it's still YES

Us human beings are a social species but that doesn't make it any easier

Forgetting others for a moment - how do you feel about you?

Take care

K

Kat667

Yes Gail and Iffybob, sounds about right...
Some people in work describe me as extremely hard working and upbeat when I'm in a manic phase ( I work 3 times as fast as anyone else when I'm like that). When in a down turn I'll just avoid people and hide behind newspapers and just criticise everything not to mention end up on the sick with everything from panic attacks, fibromyalgia to irritable bowel syndrom.
I had a panic attack in work this evening (was on an 8am til 8pm shift) about 5.30pm I just put my head in my hands and said 'can I go home?' people thought I was joking but I just wanted to run out of the place. I had white noise in my head, a weird pain in the back of my neck that spread downwards and thought really morbid stuff, I made it til 8pm but each day is harder to go back at moment..