• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Confusion :(

J

Jisatsu

I have been feeling 'happy' for a few hours today, feeling motivated and energetic but then i soon go back to feeling useless and down in the same time it took me to feel happy :( now i'm crying and earlier i was so hyperactive but now I feel like self harming. Does anyone else get this?

T

tapdancer

Hi Jisatsu

Maybe when you are feeling good you then start worrying about how long it will last. I think we depressives think too much. Sounds like you have mood swings which can perhaps be regulated by meds. I do know what it feels like to cry and not really know why you are crying. You just feel sad. I do wish you all the very best and although I have never felt the urge to self harm, I think I can understand what you are feeling. I have in the past woken up and had the need to kick and punch something. I made myself a "punch bag" and laid into that for a few minutes. It did actually help.

D

DrawWithMe

I agree with tapdancer: really hitting a pillow for a while can relieve stress and pent-up energy. It tires you out, and you have little energy left to feel angry. :)

It's really good that you had that motivation ^^ That's a good sign. And if you get it once, it can happen again. Remember to relieve your stress, there's no shame in crying if you feel down, everyone does it. Just remember that you aren't alone, and you can always talk to someone if you need to! x ♥