• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

confuseddd :(

H

halflife

ive been on 40 fluxotine for about 6 weeks at the beginning i felt crazy! then i really felt they were working....got myself a job...going on holidays in three weeks..was getting up early every morning wanting to go out and do something, but the last 3 days i havent been able to get out of bed...i feel useless and the hate i have for myself is unbearable!!! im doing everything i can to distract myself from cutting!! why have they suddenly stopped woking? arhghhh i could happily die right now :/

A

Affective

ive been on 40 fluxotine for about 6 weeks at the beginning i felt crazy! then i really felt they were working....got myself a job...going on holidays in three weeks..was getting up early every morning wanting to go out and do something, but the last 3 days i havent been able to get out of bed...i feel useless and the hate i have for myself is unbearable!!! im doing everything i can to distract myself from cutting!! why have they suddenly stopped woking? arhghhh i could happily die right now :/
Tell your doctor immediately! I had the same where Fluoxetine put me in a Manic state then slowly made me suicidal and then I attempted suicide. You might need a lower dose or something else to keep a balance.

M

maudikie

maudikie

Are you sure you have been taking your medication as usual, or the excitement of a holiday has made you forget. Also the prospect of change on your holiday may be making you feel a bit disturbed. I hope you immprove in the next few days, if not visit your G.P. He/she should be able to give you some reassurance. i am glad you have managed work which is a big step, but don't rush life. See you get plenty of rest and do some deep breathing and relaxation exercses, That might help.
Take care(y)

H

halflife

I was on 20 but it did nothing! just so disappointed that i couldnt just stay happy...thanks for your help x