• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

confused

P

PixxiePitt

Hey everyone.

I'm honestly alittle embarrassed to admit this/talk about this.. but i know you're all here to help and will not judge me.

I am almost 21 and I still have imaginary friends, not one not two but like heaps. I tend to talk to all the time (in my head) and I don't know if I am posting this in the correct area, but I just want to know abit more about why this could be. Is it because I am an only child is it something more serious i need checked?

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
do you have a lack of social contact in the real world?
i dont think it is anything to worry about.

N

Nicola398

I would say does this help you to handle the lack of social contact?Is it something you think and feel is a good thing,or does it cause you problems?If you aren't worried about it and it isn't harming you or anyone else I don't think it is anything to worry about.So long as it isn't causing you to lose touch with reality!

N

Nagel_ovel

Confused to clarity

I've been hearing voices for almost 9 years now and the greatist advice I can give u is to take a step back. I understand that the voices and consuming and very distracting. If someone would have told me to take a step back I would have recovered quicker... I think anyway.

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Assuming you able to engage with reality and not harm yourself (or others) I don't see anything to worry about here?

Maybe you should expand your social world a little (as should I!) but I wouldn't beat yourself up over this :)