• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Confused

C

cakeflet

My mood can change dramatically from one minute to the next. I know I'm being "moody" but can't help it and often either don't care or sometimes even like it. I over analyse constantly and worry about the smallest, insignificant thing to the point that I avoid people or situations.....I am taking Duloxetine for depression brought on by a manic episode a year ago. I fluctuate between happy and sad a lot and am drawn to the conclusion that I can't be just "depressed"... My doctor is quite pill happy and it is almost as if she gave me something quickly that she thought would help but didn't really understand the problem. Also, not sure if relevant, but I am totally uninterested in sex - until a couple of years ago I was. Nothing dramatic has happened to "change" me suddenly... Thank You, Kate

A

a_wolf

I get that. Often I'm so all over the place that the only thing I can do is rely on other people making the correct response to the situation. Naturally I end up looking like an idiot at times because I keep changing my mind with the prevailing conversationalist :p.
Sometimes that doesn't work either, and those are the moments I get the 'WTF?' looks from my friends. It's also when ppl decide I'm a pushy jerk, or a rather quiet emo-throwback (has it even been long enough to coin the term emo-throwback?). I never really know why I'm feeling that way, just that I am.

S

SmileyGirl

Absolutely, I have had this for many years. (Before diagnosis). If you are not happy with your GP, ask to see another GP in the practice or ask to be referred to your local mental health service.
If only just to rule out other conditions.
Have you also asked for things like blood tests? It could be hormone imbalances, gland problems or anything very easily treatable. Hope that helps.

K

Kat667

Bloodtests tend to rule things out. I've had tests for anaemia (being vegetarian for over 20 years) thyroid problems and rheumatoid arthritis (aches and pains, fibromylagia). The docs tended to look to things like that first before bringing up depression or in my case bi-polar disorder.