• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Confused

L

LadySparkles07

I've recently (like 4 days ago) been diagnosed with histrionic personality disorder and I've been searching things up and am feeling a little confused.

*I'm not self centered I actually have very low self-esteem.
*the attention thing is correct to an extent.
*I dont have fake feelings. My feelings are wayyy to extreme but sometimes I do feel like I have to fake being me but idk why.
*the overdramatic thingy is correct.
*but I'm extremely empathetic to the point where I had a suicide attempt because my feelings were overwhelming me.
*rash decisions and desperate for new relationships.
*feeling as if you've made such a huge connection with a person even after only meeting them recently. This is right.

How am I histrionic but I have these differences? I was psychological evaluated but I'm confused is she wrong??

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome to the forum. People will be around when they are up to get support and advise you soon. Take care

Prozac1984

Prozac1984

I've recently (like 4 days ago) been diagnosed with histrionic personality disorder and I've been searching things up and am feeling a little confused.

*I'm not self centered I actually have very low self-esteem.
*the attention thing is correct to an extent.
*I dont have fake feelings. My feelings are wayyy to extreme but sometimes I do feel like I have to fake being me but idk why.
*the overdramatic thingy is correct.
*but I'm extremely empathetic to the point where I had a suicide attempt because my feelings were overwhelming me.
*rash decisions and desperate for new relationships.
*feeling as if you've made such a huge connection with a person even after only meeting them recently. This is right.

How am I histrionic but I have these differences? I was psychological evaluated but I'm confused is she wrong??
The diagnosis is only to guide the professional in the treatment. Hardly anyone will be 100% histrionic, you will probably have some characteristics of other PD.

M

ManDss

No sure. But would be good if you talk about this with the person who diagnosed you. Ask what means histrionic disorder and why that was your diagnose.