• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

confused

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm reading a book and it's talking about thoughts and I'm confusing myself I talk to myself in my head constantly is this the same as thoughts?
I tried a mindfulness exercise and I can observe like it says it says you may be distracted by thoughts but I'm distracted by myself talking in my head. It's like another part of me answers too. I'm not saying this isn't normal or anything just confused if it's the same as thoughts. I'm guessing it would be but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what I'm on about?

J

jensdad

ues messy (love your name) Thoughts so strong it's like they are another person..but not, It's just you. I realise that too but think it's the 'real me'. But feel better in the mornings and see it as trash. It is at night when I sit up half the night or more. Talking to family, it is always in the night when things seem bad ,even a 'small' worry so you are far from alone x

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
they are the same thing i think.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I know what you're talking about, and I think that the dialogue in the head are considered thoughts... even if another part seems to "answer back", it's all part of your own consciousness.