• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Confused & need help

E

elouise11

Hi, I am new here so apologies for any errors in my first post.

I am a 21 year old female and recently been put back on antidepressants. I have been quite suicidal but have great support from a friend.

I have seeked medical advice but the process is very slow (understandable). For the first time in my life I have noticed a very negative relationship with food. Over the last month I have been intentionally starving myself, I have a huge fear of food. It started with me feeling guilty and greedy - to the extent that I would limit how many grapes I would have (5 was usually my max).

It all began with me feeling greedy for eating more than I needed if I wasn’t hungry (mainly healthy food). But has become a weight loss problem once I started noticing I was losing weight - this has become my main focus.

People have noticed my weight loss - although my figure still looks healthy. People comment that I look tired, drained and gaunt. People eating around me is causing me major anxiety and making me a horrible person to be around. I have pushed all of my family away too - it’s ruining my relationships. But also making me so h

have I got an eating disorder like my doctor says? If so what is it called? Has anybody experienced anything like this before?

thanks in advance, E

J

JeanPierre

Hi, I am new here so apologies for any errors in my first post.

I am a 21 year old female and recently been put back on antidepressants. I have been quite suicidal but have great support from a friend.

I have seeked medical advice but the process is very slow (understandable). For the first time in my life I have noticed a very negative relationship with food. Over the last month I have been intentionally starving myself, I have a huge fear of food. It started with me feeling guilty and greedy - to the extent that I would limit how many grapes I would have (5 was usually my max).

It all began with me feeling greedy for eating more than I needed if I wasn’t hungry (mainly healthy food). But has become a weight loss problem once I started noticing I was losing weight - this has become my main focus.

People have noticed my weight loss - although my figure still looks healthy. People comment that I look tired, drained and gaunt. People eating around me is causing me major anxiety and making me a horrible person to be around. I have pushed all of my family away too - it’s ruining my relationships. But also making me so h

have I got an eating disorder like my doctor says? If so what is it called? Has anybody experienced anything like this before?

thanks in advance, E
I'm so sorry you are having trouble.
Since this is relatively new; perhaps you will be able to get a handle on it before it gets out of hand.
Best luck, welcome here!

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi eloise welcome to the forums. It does definitely sound like you have an eating disorder but beyond that we really couldn’t say which disorder it might be. For that you would have to be diagnosed by a doctor. Have you discussed it at length with your primary care provider or gp?

H

Helen1960

Yes I think you have an eating disorder.

Hopefully in your area there are helplines that will guide you to further help.

Helen x