• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Confused! Don't they believe me?

H

hippychick

Hi

Would really like a bit of reassurance I suppose. Have recently been diagnosed bipolar by GP have started to take Sodium Volporate which seems to help stop the totally off the scale moments like screaming shouting throwing things then going out at 2am without shoes (I think - can't really remember only know what I was told by my husband) anyway I digress that's not happened for a week now. I just feel now like it could still happen if I weakened but I can fight it, it's very tiring and very scary does this make sense to anyone? I have spoken to a couple of friends who seem to be of the opinion that that I must be better now because I can get up most mornings and even do some housework but I just feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff holding myslef back all the time it was almost easier when I didn;t know what I was doing.......sorry for going on ...........hoping someone will understand ?????

Dave.P

Dave.P

It's all 'normal'.

Hey there Hippychick.
Shouting, throwing things, walking around at night. The latter may be risky but they are all normal. Trust me. I've broken more plates than the whole of greece have put together and glass doesn't exsist in my house now!
I know it's scary and it may have seemed better before diagnoised. Just plain old crazy instead of an 'illness'.
I am BP for 4 yrs now and it still scares and worries me.
I drink too much booze, use it as a crutch, away from 'those' thoughts.
I find it hard to compare my emotions to other non-BP and to work out what is and isn't irrational.
Night off booze tonight, sooo boring. Wish me luck.
Just keep talking you are not alone.

H

hippychick

Hi Dave

Thanks for that I sometimes think people think I'm making it up in fact I even doubt myself sometimes
yeah booze is a great short timer shame about the next day though - If you manage to find a list of 'these things are rational and these not' let me know !!! would make life so much easier wouldn't it. Good luck with everything ....