• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

confused, didn't think this was a problem

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I saw my psychaitrist at the end of last week and he mentioned referring me to the eating disorder service I was quite surprised by him saying this I really do binge a lot and he said that it is something they could help me with is he right in saying this? I always thought eating disorders were things like anorexia and bulimia I mean my weight fluctuates a lot because I go ffrom starving to bingeing etc but I never viewed it as a problem before that would require that kind of help until now. I don't know what to do he said to think about it but I am not so sure.
Sorry if I am talking about total rubbish here :redface:
Messy

S

summerfairy

They deal with all kinds of eating disorders (depending on the service) and I don't think your GP would have mentioned a referral if he/she didn't think it would help. I think it's worth a shot. If you end up going and you don't feel like its helping you can always discharge yourself. It might be it really helps. Just go for the assessment and see what they say. Good luck.

RedRoseBeauty

RedRoseBeauty

Binge eating is classed as an eating disorder.

As you said you go from starving yourself to eating alot of food, which is not healthy at all.
Your weight will change from this.

I think it may help you to see someone who deals with eating disorders.

Good Luckk :)