Confused about what pyschosis means?

angiebib1976

angiebib1976

After reading that - you are going to be flooded with offers like Apo's! :D

You are an amazing, kind human being - just please be aware of your boundaries. It can be very draining, reach out for help if YOU need it. Make sure you get some good quality 'me' time.

Take Care

Angie

M

mattypickle

I realise about boundaries - and certainly about "me" time. Most definitely both are needed, because, joking apart, it is mentally tiring. But out of it I have a very intelligent friend, who just happens to be a little different, but hey, every one is different.

I have someone to play scrabble with, and if he wipes the floor with me over this once more, there's going to be another stand off!

He hasn't had a drink for months now, but he does have a problem with amphetamines, from time to time, I'm not even going to knock him for that because I feel it is not up to me to dictate to a 38 year old man about things like this. What I have worked out is that if I tell him that this is not something that I am ever going to do, and why (health etc), and that I worry he makes himself ill with it (psychosis) not very long after our little "talk" he makes a very concerted effort not to go and buy it. He has setbacks, but I see he is trying at least and there's a start. Better I think that he works out for himself what is bad for him. We'll get there.

I actually enjoy his company, and when we go walking, I listen to what he is going on about - and despite what he thinks, its not all rubbish - its just a bit muddled and askew.

Glad to have found somewhere nice like this, so I can check I'm getting it right from time to time!

angiebib1976

angiebib1976

Well, I'm glad for your friend, that he has found someone like you!!
I'm sure you will get there! Sounds like you have a friend for life now. I'm so happy you enjoy each others company.

Angie

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Psychosis Forum 13
R Psychosis Forum 1