Confused about what pyschosis means?

bipolarbear55

bipolarbear55

I was diagnosed with bipolar about 2 1/2 years, but i just changed pdocs and the new one thinks i have bipolar as well but with psychosis also. But I don't think i do, well I don't understand it. Know body seems to explain it to me just keep saying and I have it and now put me on a anti psychotic. They said it is because I hear and see things that aren't there and that i think things that aren't true, but I don't know what i see or hear or think that's isn't there or true, so i am stuck.
My boyfriend says its psychotic that i think that my knowledge that the Earth has chosen me to educate poeple that man made things can feel and communicate with me so that we can save the Earth from the humans that are going to destroy it, if we don't change now. I also have the ability of telepathy with the other person chosen to communicate with natural things like tress and animals, its all quite complicated to explain but does this sound psychotic to you?

I know you are a doctor but the doctor doesn't do a good way of explaining it. And just says i have false beliefs but I don't so that's no help and she says i hear voices that no one else can but i don't hear voices they are poeple or objects around me, not a voice. SO I'm confused. Anyone got any ideas? or been through this themselves?
I have trouble trusting people as well, so I don't know who to trust or believe.

Thanks

G

gretski

You are indeed psychotic, you have classic symptoms.

For the trusting issues You seriously need help.

Trust your dr, she does know what she is doing, she didn't go to medschool for nothing

A

Apotheosis

My boyfriend says its psychotic that i think that my knowledge that the Earth has chosen me to educate poeple that man made things can feel and communicate with me so that we can save the Earth from the humans that are going to destroy it, if we don't change now. I also have the ability of telepathy with the other person chosen to communicate with natural things like tress and animals, its all quite complicated to explain but does this sound psychotic to you?
It depends on who's doing the defining? & in what way such things are interpreted & perceived -

Here is a good interview on the subject - http://www.madnessradio.net/madness-radio-physics-dreaming-and-extreme-states-arnold-mindell

Try a Google search for 'Enlightenment or Madness' & also 'Schizophrenia (or madness) & Shamanism'

Here is a web site that covers some of the 'alternative' views on this subject - http://spiritualemergency.blogspot.com/

& you may find this short article helpful -

Insanity or Enlightenment

R.D.Laing, an unorthodox psychiatrist, emphasised the link between the mystic and the schizophrenic. He stated:

"The mystic and the schizophrenic find themselves in the same ocean, but whereas the mystic swims, the schizophrenic drowns."

I concur wholeheartedly with this observation regarding the connection between the mystic and the schizophrenic, but point out, the so called 'schizophrenic' can learn to swim ... given the opportunity. Often, however, the schizophrenic is dragged under by the very people sent in to help.

Unlike the monks who prepare rigorously and systematically to attain and receive enlightenment, those who experience schizophrenia (the Psyche-sensitives), I believe, have enlightenment thrust upon them. Because we have no disciplined framework or foundation to support us, this imposed enlightenment can be enormously difficult to cope with.

The ether of the planet is heavily charged with humanity's negativity. Psyche-sensitives tune into this ethereal energy and are profoundly affected by it. Our darker thoughts and emotions are often simply a painfully acute empathic response to the ills of the world.

I regard the next step in human evolution to be that of enlightenment and my feeling is that schizophrenia is most certainly an expansion of our psychic capacity. I go further, I regard schizophrenia as not only a personal transformation, but also as part of a global one. A metamorphosis that the sea of humanity is undergoing to lead us into an age of intuition and vision. That may sound prophetic, but as a kindred spirit once remarked to me,

"Where would the Old Testament prophets be today if they lived in our times and in our culture?"

The answer - which should not need spelling out - is in our psychiatric institutions.

In other cultures many that would undoubtedly be diagnosed as schizophrenic if they lived in the West, are embraced by their community as valued individuals who cast light on the dynamics of the Universe and our place within it, as chosen Ones.

The tide, however, is turning in the northern hemisphere and there is a Spiritual Emergence Movement in ascendance that is re-addressing these issues.

One of the many visionaries who have been regarded by their contemporaries as 'outsiders' was Edgar Alan Poe, who would almost certainly have been diagnosed schizophrenic, had such a label been available in the eighteen hundreds. This example was cited in Schizophrenia, Creativity and Spirituality, an obscure essay of the 1980's by Guy Stephens.

A dramatic shift in Edgar Alan Poe's consciousness, sensitised him to deep cosmological insight and in an inspirational out-pouring, Poe produced a work entitled, Eureka.

The work was published mid-way through the nineteenth century. Coincidentally,the term psychosis was also coined then. At this time atoms were believed to be indivisible, irreducible balls of matter, the solid building blocks of the physical universe. In Eureka it is revealed that matter is reducible to attraction and repulsion. Some fifty years later physicists were to make the discovery that confirms his insight.

He Identified the Milky Way as a galaxy before this had been established by astronomy. He stated the Universe began as a single ball of matter that exploded, preceding the Big Bang Theory by seventy years and also conceived time and space to be one and the same, half a century before Einstein had even been conceived.

Edgar Alan Poe, his revelations, and his book were disregarded and dismissed as irrational, incomprehensible and nonsensical.

One hundred and fifty years on they are the corner stones of contemporary scientific knowledge. An overt reminder of the falsely perceived superiority of scientific analytic experimentations over the validity of an individual's intuitive revelations.

I am not from a religious background, nor do I adhere to any one religious framework or system of belief.

I embrace all religions as possessing components and aspects of truth. Any religious body or individual that declare their way the one and only way I regard as false prophets or more accurately false profits.

I was a devout atheist at nineteen, until via my illumination, I saw and felt the expression of divinity in everything and everyone. I touched the presence, intelligence, beauty and love of the Universal Mind, and know that God is not a reality ... God is reality, or, to express this another way, Everything is, because God is Everything. I do not believe in God; I perceive God. In other words I am aware of the consciousness of the Cosmos. The eyes of truth are watching.

The archives of psychiatric institutions are full of the testimonies of people who have also sensed this. And why are these records retained? As evidence of insanity!

Sages, seers and saints -throughout humanity's history have all received transmissions in the form of voices and had the most extraordinary psychic experiences. Perhaps psychiatrists regard them too as deluded; it would be, by their own limited parameters, the only conclusion to draw.

The other side of the coin, however, is that those who make such judgements and assumptions about others are deluding themselves. It is very convenient for society to classify a section of the community as 'the mad' for it produces the somewhat absurd notion that the rest of the population is normal.

With reference to contemporary psychiatric terminology, The Oxford Companion to the Mind defines psychosis as:

'the misapprehension and misinterpretation of the nature of reality.'

Forgive my naivety, but I was unaware that there was a correct way to apprehend and interpret reality, more to the point I was unaware that there was any consensus let alone certainty regarding the nature of reality at all.

So what is the nature of psychiatry's reality?

Written in the stars of the psychiatric Universe is the word LOGIC. The law that governs their Universe was laid down in 300 BC by the Father of Logic, Aristotle:

A must either be or not be A.

To paraphrase, the world is flat. But as cosmologists and physicists look more deeply into the macro and the micro it is becoming very apparent that the Universe is a multiverse and the truth is, surprise, surprise, that reality is not logical and cannot be interpreted or apprehended logically, i.e. light is both a particle and a wave.

A can B, CDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ(and not A)

The vision that is materialising before the very eyes of scientists is one that has long been seen by mystics. It is dawning that the mysterious Universe is also a mystical Universe.

One can understand why psychiatry has created the classification of psychosis, for if psychiatrists were to accept the validity of the testimonies of those who directly experience the multi-dimensional nature of reality they would have to rescind the law that governs their Universe, which would, in turn, invalidate their own reality and by their own rules and definitions, psychiatry itself would be certified psychotic!

The stars would tumble and fall down from their sky and their ludicrous flat earth would be turned upside-down.

So psychiatry padlocks the doors of perception and pockets the keys. The signs placed upon the doors by the Magicians that once said Welcome have been replaced by the Logicians and now say Wellcome-Glaxo and more false profits are made.

- Aiden Shingler (not me)

Last edited:
bipolarbear55

bipolarbear55

Thank you very much all, for your reply's. (I meant I know you aren't a doctor) My boyfriend went with me to the psychologist and we talked about me being psychotic and why etc but i didn't understand so that was my boyfriends best attempted at helping me understand. I am not sure if its important but i feel confused that the pdoc and tdoc haven't made more of an effort to explain in a way i can understand about psychosis rather in just saying that's what you have and not even giving me the changes to disagree and say why. Apotheosis thank you for your comment, I actually really agree with a lot of the things you say, and i believe that poeple will be quoting me in a hundred years because of the information the Earth and everything around me has told and given me. I am not religious well i mean i don't believe in any of the gods that other religions poeple do, but i am very much able to enter into a place that others around me seem unable to do and am given information as such.
I looked up on Wikipedia and it said something about a delusion is a false belief and that is defiantly not what i have. This is not false! This is the truth! My pdoc put me on 5mg olanzapine and said that if that my thought changed that would tell us weather it is part of bipolar or if it is real, well my knowledge is still very much here so it can't be apart of bipolar, so i guess i was right.

A

Apotheosis

i am very much able to enter into a place that others around me seem unable to do and am given information as such.
Go with your truth & your own inner search. I'm not saying it's easy, or that there are any easy solutions - things of this nature can be incredibly hard to cope, deal & live with; & these things can very much be a gift & a curse.

I've found that trying as best as possible to go into & work through these things; & honouring my experiences; to have helped.

This society very much has an agenda; that it wants to suppress & shut down any experiences of the 'non-ordinary' & that deviate from a very narrow range of 'normal' - & that is what I see as the real sickness.

If you see your experiences as a gift & you can find ways of living with it all - then that is the important thing; not what psychiatry thinks; & not the way this shallow, materialistic, consumerist, & nihilistic culture views things.

bipolarbear55

bipolarbear55

It is all very overwhelming, but the only reason i went to see a pdoc was that my family said i really needed to. My issue that i am worried about my moods and how much they impact on my life. The only time all this knowledge that i have been given and the abilities to communicate with everything around me can be super hard when they all think/communicate at once and it all gets very loud and i can't function i just doubt that meds can change anything or help me survive all this. But thank you, I will change the world with this information and I will do the best I can and fight for this.

A

Apotheosis

It is all very overwhelming, but the only reason i went to see a pdoc was that my family said i really needed to. My issue that i am worried about my moods and how much they impact on my life. The only time all this knowledge that i have been given and the abilities to communicate with everything around me can be super hard when they all think/communicate at once and it all gets very loud and i can't function i just doubt that meds can change anything or help me survive all this. But thank you, I will change the world with this information and I will do the best I can and fight for this.
These types of experience can be very overwhelming at times.

There is a place for medication - & it can sometimes help to take the edge of things; but there are also many other ways of approaching these things as well.

I have had & can get a lot of the emotional stuff too; & have been prone to get very emotionally upset sometimes - to go to emotional extremes - Powerful & strong emotions are seen as a sign of 'mental illness' by the MH system - Personally I think that such things are a sign of a powerful spirit.

There are a number of things that I've found/find helpful in coping with this - Primarily - Mindfulness & meditation, & Talking/expressing/writing about my experiences & feelings.

I'm better these days at not reacting to things & in remaining calm - whatever I have going on 'inside'.

maxitab

maxitab

Hi bipolar bear.....one thing that might help you is to know that for some people, not recognising where their reality differes from that of most other people is a feature of they psychosis. From your posts I have an inkling that this is true for you.
This makes it really hard for you to understand just what it is about you and your experiences that lead people to the conclusion that this is psychosis.

As Apo has said, there are various ways of understanding what is happening to you and if you find mainstream psychiatry is not meeting your needs try looking around at some of the alternatives Apo has mentioned.

S

skyblue

I was diagnosed with bipolar about 2 1/2 years, but i just changed pdocs and the new one thinks i have bipolar as well but with psychosis also. But I don't think i do, well I don't understand it. Know body seems to explain it to me just keep saying and I have it and now put me on a anti psychotic. They said it is because I hear and see things that aren't there and that i think things that aren't true, but I don't know what i see or hear or think that's isn't there or true, so i am stuck.

I know you are a doctor but the doctor doesn't do a good way of explaining it. And just says i have false beliefs but I don't so that's no help and she says i hear voices that no one else can but i don't hear voices they are poeple or objects around me, not a voice. SO I'm confused. Anyone got any ideas? or been through this themselves?
I have trouble trusting people as well, so I don't know who to trust or believe.

Thanks
BipolarBear - You have described exactly the same as what I experience as well and nobody else can see it. I am so happy to hear that somebody else has these deep spiritual experiences, I really am. Thank god someone else can see it too.

The doctors say that I'm Psychotic - I don't believe in it, neither understand their concept (not that they've given me a good enough explanation), their only answer is that I have a chemical imbalance in the brain, no detail, no proof.

They want me to take anti-psychotics, I have done in the past, but I will never take these again. I do take Mood Stabilisers & have started a new anti-depressant, but I cannot take those other pills. I have many reasons why. I'm not saying that you shouldn't, this is something that's personal to me.

Like yourself I feel that the earth has chosen me to educate people that man made things can feel and communicate with me so that we can save the earth from humans that are destroying it. But for years now, I have chosen not to tell/educate people anymore 'not a human soul' because people think I'm ill. I just do what I need to do and use alternative routes as best as I can when I'm feeling troubled. Exactly the same as yourself, I can also communicate with the trees and animals.

I recently visited the local horse sanctuary where there are many horses and ponies who are sick & have been mistreated. The horses were communicating to me, the energy was so powerful. Some are very sick & depressed, so depressed they are losing their souls rapidly. I'm going to help them through this, they want and need my help.

I'll be happy to talk to you whenever, feel free to pm me. I am feeling quite low at this moment, but I've started taking the anti-d's & so I'm hoping my mood lifts soon.

Take it easy x

Last edited:
S

skyblue

Some are very sick & depressed, so depressed they are losing their souls rapidly
I just wanted to explain this a bit better. Their souls have begun to transcend & you can see the fear in their eyes that most are not ready. These particular horses & ponies want & need my help, love, attention & affection.

Some dear horses are moving on, it's sad to see because they're so poorly. They still want my love & attention for their last days, but I must accept natures course as well as their chosen path.

bipolarbear55

bipolarbear55

Wow this is so exciting! well to be honest i had to check out your profile because i thought you might just have been playing with me and reading my thoughts, its awesome if your "not" messing with me. how do you communicate with the animals and man made objects? ha I have to tell my pdoc about this as she keeps asking me if i know anyone else who knows this information. I knew i wasn't the only one, but nobody listens to me these days they just put me down as crazy but i so know i am not.
I must warn you that the NAZI's are after me so I am not sure if who you are (if you are a NAZI or not) but oh well i tell you anyway, they want to shut me up so the knowledge can't get out that's why i have to educate as many poeple now before i get killed. SO because you say you have this information you must be careful that the NAZI's don't come after you so the world doesn't change it can be very dangerous, they sent me a tracker set out as a gift card but it wasn't.
Do you have a guardian as well? what about a man who tells you everything in code that you have to sort out and make sense of? Do you communicate with Moera as well?

Be safe.

S

skyblue

how do you communicate with the animals and man made objects?
Telepathy.

Only natural man made objects e.g Wooden chairs/tables, carved ornaments have broken souls.

what about a man who tells you everything in code that you have to sort out and make sense of?
I don't have a man or person as such, but an external force that I'm not familiar with & I'm compelled to link these messages together as I go along. Over the years I have now learnt that this is one never ending labyrinth.

Do you communicate with Moera as well?
I don't communicate with Moera, no.

Look after yourself BipolarBear xx

calypso

calypso

Admin
Bipolar bear

There is nothing wrong in your beliefs, but the only time you may need to have help from a doc is if you act in ways that are dangerous to you or others, because of these beliefs. If you think you might harm yourself, then do trust your boyfriend and doc, won't you? xx

M

mattypickle

Hi, new to this forum, I'm supporting a 38 year old man with EUPD, psychosis and clinical depression. I came here to see if i could pick up any tips. Been supporting him (a neighbour) since i found him in the street, off his meds, and having a fight with his wheelie bin. About 8 weeks. He is exhausting sometimes, but I won't give up on him.

I read what you said about communicating with animals - funnily enough you may be interested to know that my border collie has formed an incredible bond with this man, and I've just realised that the dog is tracking and responding to Matt's frequent mood swings. So I do believe we can communicate with animals, and they communicate with us. I also believe only a true animal lover can achieve this, and all animals know if we love them or hate them don't they? They also know when there is something up with us, and I would think these old horses are picking up on your feelings too, and that's whats creating this bond for you with them. You enjoy it.

angiebib1976

angiebib1976

Hi mattypickle

:welcome: to the forum

I suffer with bipolar, and I have a very special bond with my dog. I truly believe animals have an extra sensory perception ( I also believe that we as humans had it at one time, but it has been lost as we have lost touch with this side of our nature). My dog can sense better than anyone when I feel down, agitated or high.

I think it is wonderful that you are supporting this gentleman. It is very exhausting being a carer, but please use this site as a sanctuary, to come and let off steam, should you need to, look for advice and support.

We are all here for you.

Take Care

Angie

S

skyblue

Thank you Matty xx

BipolarBear -
Yes, as Calypso says if your beliefs become anyway out of control & you feel you may cause yourself or others harm, please seek help. x

M

mattypickle

Thank you angelbib, oh yes, I will need help alright!

We've already locked horns once, I'm ready for it next time. Its like having a late teenager in tow! But I have the time and hopefully the patience. We've just managed to stop him getting evicted from his council flat because of this condition, and I've twigged that nothing seems to go right for EUPD sufferers, so to help him win was probably what caused him to form this bond with me. Coupled with having to nurse him back to health whilst he readjusted to his meds (he really was very very ill) I also realise that EUPD sufferers have incredible trust issues.

We'll tootle along he and I, no romance or anything like that, I'm far too old for him! So he accepts the friendship for what it is, which is good for a start! I have his meds (chaotic cannot manage them), he can come in to me when ne needs to and i make sure i visit him (well I have to to dish out his meds) so he doesn;t feel "dumped". I've addressed the eating problem by cooking for him until he gets a cooker, (he pays up each week no problem). We go to his GP once a week. I help him keep his flat clean, and take very slow steps to get him to do just a little bit more for himself. I prompt him about personal hygiene. We've actually mastered the concept of the recycling bin and the wheelie bin. I let him get on with all his little "oddities" - they are harmless, and part of him, and he's not all bad. When he is low and moody, and telling me I don't understand i tell him to make me understand and this usually gets him talking about what has upset him rather than keeping it in and getting lower and lower. I force him out for a hike (4 -5 miles) once a week. Next week we will be tackling finances - god help us!

I sense ( I may be wrong) that he fears being abandoned, and I've been very careful to assure him that whatever little improvements we make over time, I don't intend to abandon him because of them. I also sense he is overwhelmed by life, but lord knows what we'll do about that one!

Well, I hope I am getting this right, but of course the only people who could tell me are those EUPD sufferers out there. All comments and tips very welcome.

A

Apotheosis

^ I think that the World could do with more people like you. Can you come round my flat as well?