Confused about hearing voices

S

S.7293

Hello I am new to this site . I have been hearing voices for a few years now , mainly inside my head but the past few months they have been outside my head as if someone is in the room with me .?
I am really struggling at the moment as the voices seem to follow me wherever I go, if I’m talking to someone they make it very difficult to listen or even string a sentence together because they are talking to me at the same time . I have been told these are psychotic , I have a diagnosis of BPD , depression and anxiety . However I am very unsure on the BPD diagnosis , however much it used to fit my symptoms have changed massively , but I’m just told it’s part of it .?

The voices used to also be in the background as of a group of people were chatting and I couldn’t quite make out what they were saying, but now they say nasty , bad and evil things to me , they tell me to do bad things and hurt people I care about .

I’m sorry for the long post I am just really confused and struggling to lessen them at the moment

S x

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hearing voices like that can really be upsetting. I used to hear viooce like that and found it hard to concentrate on anything at times. They were also nasty. Eventually I learned to talk back to them, (when not in public obviously) and ask them what they wanted. Initially they continued to be nasty, but over time they talked back more reasonably and got quieter. Have you ever heard of Rufus May Rufus May – Holistic approaches to mental health he seems to have a way through the worst of it. Worth a look.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I've been hearing voices for nearly three years and before medication I used to hear them in my inner ears sounding like they were in the room with me, since medication I just get them inside my mind and they're much quieter now (up to 95% quieter) so I can concentrate now even though I have to listen twice as hard to people when my voices talk when others do.

It sounds like you're strong enough to not do the bad things they tell you to do, some people do those kind of things to try and get the voices to stop but it seldom works, personally I ignore them and have done for the past two and a half years as talking to them won't get me anywhere.

Jbb79

Jbb79

Hello I am new to this site . I have been hearing voices for a few years now , mainly inside my head but the past few months they have been outside my head as if someone is in the room with me .?
I am really struggling at the moment as the voices seem to follow me wherever I go, if I’m talking to someone they make it very difficult to listen or even string a sentence together because they are talking to me at the same time . I have been told these are psychotic , I have a diagnosis of BPD , depression and anxiety . However I am very unsure on the BPD diagnosis , however much it used to fit my symptoms have changed massively , but I’m just told it’s part of it .?

The voices used to also be in the background as of a group of people were chatting and I couldn’t quite make out what they were saying, but now they say nasty , bad and evil things to me , they tell me to do bad things and hurt people I care about .

I’m sorry for the long post I am just really confused and struggling to lessen them at the moment

S x
Whatever you do, Don't hurt other people, If at All possible x x

I Did, they sent me before a Court-tribunal, I Got 5 Years, of Forced medication . . . I'm so downed, by weird consequences, of the meds, Some-times, I Over-sleep, Can't focus, Etc etc . . .

The Voices might be Real, For you - - Listening to them can get you into Soo Much trouble, with the police, Never, ever hurt some-one, Openly say these things, To a therapist, if it Starts feeling, That way x xx

Listening to those voices, can destroy, Your entire life </3

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

When were you first diagnosied as mentally ill?

When did you start to her the voices?

Do you feel these are imaginery or real voices?

Do you feel the voices are Auditory Hallucinations or some form of
ESP i.e. Telepathy/Clairaudience?

Don't let the obsessive thoughts the voices give you to compulsively harm people become a disorder. Do yooooou, and not what someone are something else wants you to do m

Last edited: