• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Confidence rocked! first post plz read

S

saviour

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and am seeking advice please take the time to read this post and offer any constructive advice

I would just like to offer some background information about myself, I am well educated in my final year of my law studies, come from a great family and the future looks bright. Here is my problem.

I am currently experiencing hairloss (I am currently on hairloss medication), this was a big blow to my self confidence and I realised that al this time I have been basing my self-confidence on my outwardly appearance.

I have the feeling that once I do go bald I will be unable to attract women, I have had 2 long term relationships with very attractive women, one of which has recently ended. Further the hairloss affects my self-confidence as in the past I have had to look good to feel good, for instance when I perceived myself as looking good that night I would be filled with confidence however if I felt that I was not looking good that night my confidence would be down and I could not be my normal charismatic self.

I am looking for a way to feel that confidence independent of how good I may think im looking, I want to be able to shave my hair off and still be this charismatic charming guy that I am on the nights I think im looking good.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated if more information is needed please feel free to ask.

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Saviour and welcome. Hair loss is a distressing thing to have. Mine was receding from the age of 21, male pattern baldness. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but you seem to put an awful lot of importance to looks. Attractive people are very nice, but far too often wrapped up in their own looks. Who wants a beautiful girlfriend if she spends the majority of the time admiring herself in the mirror. That's probably not what you wanted to hear, give it some thought though.

Confidence comes from within, it has nothing to do with a flash suit, Rolex watch etc. It is about YOU, the inner you. You can be the most suave guy in the room but if you are so taken up with yourself you are going to be alone. As for hair, try asking women what they think about bald men, you are in for a surprise.

S

susan la

hello saviour lets keep in touch

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and am seeking advice please take the time to read this post and offer any constructive advice

I would just like to offer some background information about myself, I am well educated in my final year of my law studies, come from a great family and the future looks bright. Here is my problem.

I am currently experiencing hairloss (I am currently on hairloss medication), this was a big blow to my self confidence and I realised that al this time I have been basing my self-confidence on my outwardly appearance.

I have the feeling that once I do go bald I will be unable to attract women, I have had 2 long term relationships with very attractive women, one of which has recently ended. Further the hairloss affects my self-confidence as in the past I have had to look good to feel good, for instance when I perceived myself as looking good that night I would be filled with confidence however if I felt that I was not looking good that night my confidence would be down and I could not be my normal charismatic self.

I am looking for a way to feel that confidence independent of how good I may think im looking, I want to be able to shave my hair off and still be this charismatic charming guy that I am on the nights I think im looking good.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated if more information is needed please feel free to ask.
well well well. some people who knows law is worth knowing. I drop out of wd100 the start of my lawyer because I felt my self-worth was not right! my law course finishes in sept it was a open university course because the cases was hitting home too much. it made my depression rocketed so much but the teacher was a some-one who does inquests. that did me to the latter. I have found another collage oxford distancing with the hope to pass it next time. I don't put my illness first I just get on with it! so I have all my law books on the table but I need that good old push to do it. 3 year one year to go. don't worry about your hair because all judges who I have noticed are bald. some girls its the politeness that counts. Welcome to the forum me and you could do good business here. but I wait first. c. a.b. is a good start but Its the selection progress and the course.what part of law was you interested in doing I thought prison life but now I want do disabled because there is not a-lot of them out there. if you can't face a class-room home-study is best!
plenty of web pages to deal in the subject in hand for assignments. so welcome to the forum and we will keep in touch:hug: for the lawyers out there and training! I have my reasons.:hug::grouphug::):clap::clap: to you! well done for the first step you made think what you put in!:grouphug: cheers

R

reefa211

God only made so many purfect heads and the rest he gave hair!!!!!

Saviour, bald is beautiful! I am a professional woman married to a bald man and it is true that a lot of women find baldness to be very attractive. If you are going to shave your head make sure you keep it clean shaven and use a lotion to keep your scalp skin soft and conditioned.

When you have a shaved head it gives you a bit of a bad boy look and every women I know likes a bad boy. When my husband and I go out he constantly has women wanting to stroke his head and tends to be the centre of attention, I hope things go well for you just remember god only made so many perfect heads the rest he gave hair!!!!!!:clap:

Reefa:)

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Looks really don't matter!

Hiya saviour :welcome:

My boyfriend's best friend suffered the same problem about 2 years ago and you sound just like him! He lost all his hair and it really knocked his confidence which is a shame because he's such a loving guy. Girls fall for him left, right and centre (and atm my boyfriend and his other friends are trying too set him up with a girlie) but he just brushes them off because he feels so low!
My boyfriend has just shaved his head and I totally agree with reefa221, it gives him the "bad boy" look ;) haha!
My dad went bald quite young but he's now in his 40's and thinks he's better off without hair.

It may feel like the end of the world having so little confidence but if you've got a good friend (or a few good friends) and/or family (and of course the forum to vent every so often :p) then you'll slowly regain your confidence! You sounds like a lovely guy and anyone girl would be lucky too be with you :)

Hope you start too feel better soon :hug:

Lozzi :flowers:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Lozzi said it all!

Remember it's hi testosterone that can lead to hair loss, maybe this explains the female attraction!

G

galwaygirl

Founding Member

hi, so you are going bald! well, like the others on here i have to agree, baldness can be very very attractive.
i would rather have a man who is bald, clean, intelligent and caring than have a man who has hair and is the opposite of those other things.
so many many, and even women choose to shave their hair off, for whatever reason.
so have no fear, you may get ignorant people who make comments but can i say, it is usually people who cant afford to comment and also they usually take the p out of other people. like the big flat slappers who criticise the young girls entering beauty competitions.
as you can see from the postings on here - women do bald....
so i have one thing to say to you - HELLO SEXY - CAN I HAVE YOUR NUMBER?:D:welcome:

D

Dollit

We all have things about our appearance that we don't like. I constantly criticize my own appearance but one of my closest friends tells me that once I open my mouth and begin to speak people sit and listen and I hold everyone's attention and he doubts whether anyone we know could tell you what colour hair I have, let alone it's style.

One component of a person does not define them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Depression Forum 2