• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Confessing

D

Doingmybest1996

Hi guys,

I have suffered with OCD on and off for years but it has been manageable now it has come back with full force and is KILLING me!

I cant eat, sleep, concentrate in work and it is really getting to me now.

My OCD is real event OCD and I am stuck in my own head at the moment fixated in something I did that I believe is wrong. It has been stuck in my head for a week now, it is to do with my boyfriend and I am worried sick that I might have to confess (this was my previous problem - I confessed everything to my previous boyfriend) therefore I am trying not to confess but it is ruining my life.

I know usually if I just live with it it will eventually go away and I have been fine for a long time now but I am finding it difficult this time.

Does anyone have any tips? :(

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

I am stuck in my own head at the moment fixated in something I did that I believe is wrong.
all you need in life is food and shelter. if u have those then your good

and if you didn't steal or kill anyone then you did nothing wrong

the mind isnt real. and neither is anything it tells you.

what you see in front of you with your eyes right now is reality. not thoughts

OCDguy

OCDguy

Hi guys,

I have suffered with OCD on and off for years but it has been manageable now it has come back with full force and is KILLING me!

I cant eat, sleep, concentrate in work and it is really getting to me now.

My OCD is real event OCD and I am stuck in my own head at the moment fixated in something I did that I believe is wrong. It has been stuck in my head for a week now, it is to do with my boyfriend and I am worried sick that I might have to confess (this was my previous problem - I confessed everything to my previous boyfriend) therefore I am trying not to confess but it is ruining my life.

I know usually if I just live with it it will eventually go away and I have been fine for a long time now but I am finding it difficult this time.

Does anyone have any tips? :(
You are among friends here. No one knows you, so if you were to generalise without going into any great detail you should be fine to get what ever it is off your chest (assuming that is something you want to do and if it will help)... Failing that talking things through with someone trusted like a Doctor could be a way forward, it needn't have to be with you boyfriend, or if you are able to dismiss it completely that could also be another potential way forward... Hope this helps :)

D

Doingmybest1996

I have confessed it to a friend who suffers also and my mother and they both don’t think it’s bad at all I know it’s my OCD making it worse I just can’t get it out of my head :(
I have an appointment with a new therapist today so fingers crossed for that eh

D

Doingmybest1996

You are among friends here. No one knows you, so if you were to generalise without going into any great detail you should be fine to get what ever it is off your chest (assuming that is something you want to do and if it will help)... Failing that talking things through with someone trusted like a Doctor could be a way forward, it needn't have to be with you boyfriend, or if you are able to dismiss it completely that could also be another potential way forward... Hope this helps :)
I have confessed it to a friend who suffers also and my mother and they both don’t think it’s bad at all I know it’s my OCD making it worse I just can’t get it out of my head :(

OCDguy

OCDguy

When having to deal with things on our own it's easy to blow things out of proportion, we can also easily come to the wrong conclusions on things too... It's great you have been able to confide in a trusted individual, hopefully your perception on things is on the change. Wishing you a great Therapy session, stay positive. :)

D

Doingmybest1996

When having to deal with things on our own it's easy to blow things out of proportion, we can also easily come to the wrong conclusions on things too... It's great you have been able to confide in a trusted individual, hopefully your perception on things is on the change. Wishing you a great Therapy session, stay positive. :)
It has been stuck in my head for over a week now and I cant think of anything else :( I think I am going to confess it to my boyfriend as it is torturing me :( Thank you.