• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Concerned friend..

D

Dreamer_xo

Hey.. I am here because I am really worried about my friend.

I don't actually even know if I am posting in the right type of area because I'm not entirely sure it could be classed as schizophrenia?
Basically, she believes that there is a man who is watching her and her family. She thinks that he is causing all these bad things to happen and she can actually see him.

Please help... what is this?
What can I do to help her?

Thank youu xoxo

S

Starbright

Personally, I would say, listen to her and don't keep telling her it's not real, that will only stress her out and she won't believe you until she is better.

Get her to go to the doctor. Go with her if you think she won't be honest (or isn't able to be). Ask the doctor to refer her to a psychiatrist.

The psychiatrist probably won't put her in hospital but will probably give her tablets. Encourage her to take them.

Please, if you can manage it, don't drop her as a friend. She will come back mentally when the condition is stabilised. She is something like 99% likely never ever to be a danger to you or anyone else.

Good luck.

D

Dollit

Encourage your friend to seek help. It's not a good idea to try and diagnose problems (I have regular heart attacks and brain tumours but they're actually panic attacks and tension headaches). It's easy to fit symptoms to something if they give you an answer.

Try and get some information from MIND as to what help is available in your area.

D

Dreamer_xo

Thanks for that.

I have kinda already said to her that he isnt there though? =/
I won't say it anymore.. thank you for letting me know! And yeah... I will defo carry on being her friend btw! She isnt getting rid of me that easily!
Mu ha haa!

I have checked out MIND as well.. I found some good little stuffs on there.

So yeah.. many thanks
xoxo