• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Concerned about how I've been feeling

R

Rider52

I've been struggling with anxiety, vivid dreams, and hypnagogic hallucinations. I haven't felt right for months now. Some days are better than others. Can you get PTSD from years of stress over losing a business?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I think that a one off traumatic event can cause PTSD as can prolonged extreme stress. Stress, in my opinion, is one of the major contributors to mental illness, all types. Some people come through an experience with psychosis, some with mania, some with depression, some with PTSD, some manage fine.

Is life less stressful now? I had to completely change my life in order to stay well.

R

Rider52

I think that a one off traumatic event can cause PTSD as can prolonged extreme stress. Stress, in my opinion, is one of the major contributors to mental illness, all types. Some people come through an experience with psychosis, some with mania, some with depression, some with PTSD, some manage fine.

Is life less stressful now? I had to completely change my life in order to stay well.
I don't have anything stressful going on right now. Unfortunately I still feel stressed out though. At times I feel like I'm improving and other times I dont feel so great. For example last night I didn't feel too bad and was out for a bike ride. Then early this morning I wake up with really bad anxiety.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide

I have read lots of people saying the feeling comes and goes. Some people avoid coffee and sugar because they are trying to help their body balance out again after lots of stress. I think it is about finding that equilibrium again with lots of rest, eating well, good sleep, bike rides.

If you do feel you need some help from the doctor, do go and see how they can help.

There might be some useful tips on the link.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I've been struggling with anxiety, vivid dreams, and hypnagogic hallucinations. I haven't felt right for months now. Some days are better than others. Can you get PTSD from years of stress over losing a business?
Hi there. I'm sorry you have been struggling. Although losing a business isn't something that can cause PTSD the stress from it can cause anxiety and other issues . I hope you are seeking professional help through this.

R

Rider52

Hi there. I'm sorry you have been struggling. Although losing a business isn't something that can cause PTSD the stress from it can cause anxiety and other issues . I hope you are seeking professional help through this.
Hi Sunny Daze, I've been struggling for awhile now. Some days are better than others. I went for an assessment and my PCP give me meds for anxiety attacks. I think the hypnagogic hallucinations are making me feel more stressed. It makes it hard to get enough sleep sometimes.