• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Concerned about ex Pathogical lying or delusions

C

culver

I have been aware that my ex has had a problem with lying since we met and he lied about his age and his job I forgave him thinking it was a self esteem issue .Now his behavior has affected our relationship .

Now its gotton to the point I'm concerned about his mental health he made up and entire relationship told me how she had her name on flat and how they had bought this and how she had a miscarriage he faked phone calls and messages from her .When confronted he said he didn't know if any of what he told me even really happend.The next day he denied saying that and he tells me he thinks she lied about pregnancy every day the story changes .This was hurtful as I was heavily pregnant with our son at the time .

He told me he was starting a new job went into great detail then never mentioned it.He has faked emails claiming to be doing a course giving dates and times and describing it and he actually believes that he has done it .Now he says he's joining marines I know he can't as he's exempt yet he's told me he's done all the tests and given dates.He hasn't worked for months but has lied over that.

I don't know if these are lies or if he has become deluded as he is now believing what he tells people. He is oblivious to the hurt and damage I can't trust him or anything he says anymore

He has faked numerous messages from various people including his brother something that really concerns me .

When confronted he makes you think your crazy or paranoid or just avoids or denie s saying things .I have been diagnosed with stress as I find it impossible to deal with and It seems to be getting worse as he no longer knows whats reality and what isn't.

He makes up stories about events and people some of which could be very damaging such as affairs.accusing people of stealing using drugs .being crazy etc
I really have no idea what is going on I don't know what to do anymore any help or advice please.

Last edited:
L

lovagemuffin

I say you dump this guy?

S

stella

I'm sorry you're struggling like that, I seriously have no idea what could be but you should maybe visit a doctor alone and explain what is happening to him, so maybe they could help you to convince him to make analyisis or tests about his mental health and to get a treatment

I'm so sorry I can't help you better :(

LeaLea

LeaLea

I know exactly how you feel my daughter is exactly the same, totally deluded lies lies and more lies yet the more they tell the more people believe them.. Becomes impossible to bare.. I too like yourself have become stressed depressed anxious ocd, and become to realise that my daughter is the trigger to my ill health and living within the same household had to end for the sake of my other children and her mental health. As she is 18 she can seek help from the doctor as i have had her counselling on a few occasions to no avail.. Rid the trigger for your and childrens health.. Pity does not work nor does helping saving a soul in which does not want to be saved, souls need to save themselves. Save yours. X x sending peace and love. X x

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi LeaLea

That must have been quite a thing to go through. I really don't know what the answer is to pathological lying. I find it very hard to understand.

Also, welcome to the forum. I hope you are okay and finding your way round alright.

LeaLea

LeaLea

Hi LeaLea

That must have been quite a thing to go through. I really don't know what the answer is to pathological lying. I find it very hard to understand.

Also, welcome to the forum. I hope you are okay and finding your way round alright.
Much appreciated Purple Chaos , Most certainly is difficult being a parent lied too and lied about in the most disgraceful of ways siblings and family members also really anyone and everyone who comes into contact can suffer the manipulation, as a parent many have rose coloured glasses to their children as pictures of perfections.. my daughter has many amazing strong points in which I support via education however I have not been closed off to her manipulative ways which started when she was around 8 years old.. Playing all family members off against each other, to the point now no family members speak, I haven't spoke to my parents in 5 years over my daughters devious ways hmmmm however I still remain a parent and still ongoing consistently yet I keep her at a distance.. I feel INSECURITY, LOW SELF ESTEEM,SELF CONFIDENCE, SELF WORTH, JEALOUSY PLAYS A HUGE PART, ATTENTION SEEKING FOR ACCEPTANCE IN SOCIAL GROUPS AND CONFORMS TO OTHERS NORMS AND BELIEFS AND SEXUAL PREFERENCE, LIKE A YO YO IN SOCIAL GROUPS SWAPS CHANGES, BLAMING NEVER ACCOUNTABLE. these a just to name a few witnessed and tried to help with as a parent...

yet in effect the weak drain the strong and make the strong weak, which took its toll on me and other 2 children...

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

It must be very hard to cope with and make you question everything that's said. Sorry to hear that your daughter's lies have had such a dramatic effect on the entire family and caused distance, strife and disharmony.

I really am at a loss regarding advice but can offer support here, as will many others. It seems very sad that you haven't spoken to your parents for so long. Is the damage done completely irreparable?

B

biggerdandy

he's an ex right?

he should have EXited your life by now :)