• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Computer trouble

D

dragonfly

Sorry I haven't replied or spoken for a while, I've had computer trouble but back on track now. My car also broke down and I had to be towed home so I'm without it at the moment and so I really am housebound now! I hope everyone had a good Christmas or coped with it anyway. Does anyone else dislike Christmas? :D

iffybob

iffybob

?

I dont dis-like xmas, I find it inconvenient, that every one sort of stops bothering for 2 weeks before, and then chatching up 1 mounth after.

The crowds in town bother me, and make me anxiose, but if I can plan and get it all done a week before like I did this year ..... then ok.

D

dragonfly

Thanks for your reply iffybob. I hope Christmas went well for you and good for you for being prepared for it. I hate the crowds too; I did most of my shopping on-line this year, I couldn't face going out.

Look forward to hearing from you again soon. :)

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

I did lots of online shopping as well. I was dreading Christmas day itself but as it happens it went well. We were with my inlaws who know about my depression and there was no pressure to do anything. Glad it's all over now though. It made a pleasant change to have both my boys (aged 18 and 21) around me too, they are usually out and about all the time. :)

D

dragonfly

I'm so pleased that your Christmas went well trombone_babe and it's great that your in-laws understand. It makes a huge difference when people understand and don't put any pressure on you; I'm so pleased for you and glad that you had your children round you too. I lost my youngest son a few years ago and so I dread Christmas. I went to the cemetary on Christmas Day morning but the gates were closed (it's normally open on Christmas Day). I was so upset. I had cycled there with my flowers because my car has broken down (I had to be towed home on the Wednesday before Christmas) and I had resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't see him that day. Luckily enough I had seen him on Christmas eve but I still felt very guilty. I then got a phone call 2 hours later from my son's dad saying that it was open and so he gave me a lift there and then I bumped in to some old friends who I haven't seen for a few years and so I think everything is done for a reason (well, maybe not everything but some things are done for a reason). Once again, I'm glad your Christmas went well and kind regards and look forward to hearing from you again soon. :flowers:

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Oh dragonfly, so sorry to hear you lost your son. I can't imagine what I would do if anything happened to either of mine, they and their dad are my world. :hug:

S

shel

Hi dragonfly

I don't dislike Christmas, I just get through it then breathe a sigh of relief at the end of it all. I had my sons taken off me last year for being in hospital with my bipolar. My ex claimed I was an unfit mother and the judge believed him. Luckily the judge saw sense when he met me but it took me 6 months to get my boys back. I now appreciate every moment with them, including Christmas. I am well at the moment so fingers crossed and all that, I will stay that way for a while. I do know how hard Christmas can be especially when on your own.

S

shel

Hi dragonfly

very, very, sorry, but I didn't read your last post. I am sorry for your the loss of your son.

D

dragonfly

Thank you trombone_babe and shel for your replies and kind words. Children are a mothers world, they are who we live for and we would do anything for them and it's devastating without mine but I live for my eldest son now, he's the reason why I am still alive. There is no love other than a mothers love (and a fathers - for all the dad's out there!) It's lovely that you both know how much your sons mean to you, and I'm sure you mean the world to them too, you both sound very loving and caring and I'm so glad you got your boys back shel, I really am.

Once again, thank you very much and lots of love to you both x :flowers:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
iodines Personality Disorders Forum 10