• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Computer Chair

• Thread starter Kavaris_Valiant_One
  • Start date
Kavaris_Valiant_One

Kavaris_Valiant_One

Theres somethin about sitting for awhile (Working on computer all day) that seems inherently unnatural to do - For Long periods at a time because, after awhile i just dont feel well. I dont know if its my uncomfortable chair, or my willingness to sit there for extended hours, but at some point i start breaking down. When i use to stand up at work, 8 hour work days, i'd get tired, but not so bad that my back, brain, stomach & eyes all hurt at the same time. Perhaps that was part of the reason they wanted u to stand. I prefer sitting and working, its just, somehow, i find it to be dibilitating, yet enthralling, because i'm working for myself.

How do yous feel about sitting?
Is a good chair a requirement?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I do my work on a laptop sprawled out on the sofa so I wouldn't know the pro's and con's of sitting in an uncomfortable chair for long periods of time.

But I do have a very comfortable office chair in my bedroom where my PC is, I forget the price but it was moderately expensive because you don't want to scrimp on comfort.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

My job's a manual one so i dont know about what chairs are best for working purposes :hug:

When I'm on the laptop on forums etc i just use one of the dining room chairs

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

If I planed on spending a lot of time on the computer I would hook it up to a giant smart TV screen and sit in a lazy boy chair with a cordless mouse and keyboard. I don't have that, but just saying it would be comfy for someone who enjoys the computer :)

Funnyday

Funnyday

The office chair that I have is designed for eight hours of time to sit on. It only gets uncomfortable after that time. It cost I think £90. It's made by Dynamic.

Kavaris_Valiant_One

Kavaris_Valiant_One

Has anyone ever experienced Calf-Muscle problems after awhile of sitting?? Like, the blood rushing to calf muscle and ballooning it up from the circulation of sitting long?

Kavaris_Valiant_One

Kavaris_Valiant_One

I had to tweak the way i sit at the computer. Im experimenting with different ways of crossing my legs. Whatever relieves the pressure off of my calf.

Kavaris_Valiant_One

Kavaris_Valiant_One

i found a little stool, now im using, so i can extend my leg and prop it up.