Compulsory Community Treatment does not reduce readmissions or length of stay in hospital

F

firemonkee57

Posted by John Baker 21st Jan 2019

Compulsory Community Treatment (CCT) otherwise know at Community Treatment Orders (CTOs) are highly controversial. They can give clinicians the legal power to enforce certain conditions for service users whilst living in the community. These can range from recall to hospital, compliance with medication or treatment plans (e.g. contact or appointments).

Compulsory Community Treatment does not reduce readmissions

This surely adds to the doubts about using them.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
if my ex is anything to go by, she got readmitted when she refused to have another depot, if nothing else it makes her a good stepford wife

N

nightmare57

I'm on a CTO... I have to have a depot very 4 weeks, if I miss a week and refuse the week after I'm recalled to hospital and the police come and get me, take me to hospital. If I'm non-compliant I am forcibly injected and kept in hospital. If I am compliant they inject me and release me straight away, the police wait and give me a lift home.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
if you have ever had non compliant neighbours your for it, personally i'd rather they evict problem neighbours instead of excusing their behaviour due to mental health, it isn't due to mental health it's because they're non compliant with treatment

and maybe drugs are better than prison or the street

F

firemonkee57

it isn't due to mental health it's because they're non compliant with treatment

Anosognosia

When someone rejects a diagnosis of mental illness, it’s tempting to say that he's “in denial.” But someone with acute mental illness may not be thinking clearly enough to consciously choose denial. They may instead be experiencing “lack of insight” or “lack of awareness.” The formal medical term for this medical condition is anosognosia, from the Greek meaning “to not know a disease.”

When we talk about anosognosia in mental illness, we mean that someone is unaware of their own mental health condition or that they can’t perceive their condition accurately. Anosognosia is a common symptom of certain mental illnesses, perhaps the most difficult to understand for those who have never experienced it.

Anosognosia | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
that doesn't change it that neighbours of mine creating a nuisance it's not because of they're mental illness but their refusing treatment, maybe it is part of the illness, it could be because they've been got at by some hippy therapist type as well

as rethink said it can take 6 months to a year for someone to get sectioned, thats a long time to put up with a problem neighbour and if your vulnerable yourself

at that do i accept i've got an illness i was told i was stabilised on meds, one psychiatrist said it's the same as if you've got the flu, i give you drugs to treat the flu, i then say you haven't got the flu

and yes i took crap like that seriously, still do to some extent, if i regurgitate it at this work capability interview i'm finished