compulsive overeating and zoning out

Y

yoyogirl

Hey all

I am really struggling at the moment with complusive overeating and I don't know what to do about it. I have tried speaking to my rather dismissive GP and had no success. Just the usual we all do that at times and it really doesn't help the problem. I don't know why I do it and I am often not aware that I am doing at times. I have tried to stop a few times on my by not restricting and avoiding the foods that cause me issues but nothing seems to work.

I have also spoken to the cmht and although my psych is aware she's not that interested (again probably due to talks with GP) I have noticed that during these episodes I also zone out completely and lose my awareness of what I am doing to myself

What can I do to stop this from happening?

Ellana

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I comfort eat, I understand your pain. First find the triggers for your compulsive eating and see if you can stop those. Being bored can often be a trigger, try doing something you enjoy like art, knitting, listening to music, gardening etc.
Try eating regular meals, it's hard stopping. I am using will power to stop myself and not having loads of junk food to snack on.
I hope you succeed, I hope other members have tips too.
Take care

S

Stray

I'm sorry, my experience is of bingeing being dismissed by cmht too, they don't understand and have nothing to offer other than "everyone comfort eats". I dissociate too, sometimes through bingeing in order to numb or at times have binged and not been aware of it. I'm very stuck in BED , sorry I don't have much to offer. Keep asking for help xx

Y

yoyogirl

This is getting bloody scary it's happening so many times I manage to distract myself for awhile and then suddenly the urges get too much and without realising it happens. Thinking about going on Alli