• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Compulsive lying

S

stephymac12

Founding Member
Hi, I was wondering if there is anybody out there who could help me, my sister is worrying me, she has created a fantasy life for herself as a professional dancer (she has never had any training), she has also lied about being Pregnant and having miscarriages-she has cut out all of the family and is currently living in a hostel for abused women. She looks frightened and I really want to help her before this situation gets out of control, it is like she is somebody else to the girl that I grew up with, I have no idea how to approach her and guide her towards the help that she needs-any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

D

Dollit

Well she actually does sound a little out of control already. You have to look at the situation logically to get to the starting point which is hard to do when your emotions are involved so writing it down may help. When did the behaviour start, was there some sort of precipitating event - e.g. death of a close friend or relative, loss of job, has her behaviour slowly changed or was it more of a sudden event. I'm presuming your sister is over 18 to be in a hostel. I'm not sure if this is any help to you but please talk if it helps. :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Personality Disorders Forum 3