• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Complex PTSD

Jess96

Jess96

Hi I was diagnosed bipolar and complex ptsd last year I have started therapy EMDR for my ptsd it has finally give me understanding of why I am the way I am. We are starting to get into some of my larger traumas and it is affecting my hole week more than usual does anyone have any tips on managing this I really want to join a support group for ptsd but with covid that is quite difficult xx

C

Coolname

it is affecting my hole week more than usual does anyone have any tips on managing this
Hi Jess

I'm not sure much helps other than allowing the emotions out and letting them flow through you. It will get better in time. One thing that helped me was taking a long walk after each therapy session and one each day. That is the time I would deliberately think about this stuff. I find if you set a definite time each day, it helps keep it in the background the rest of the time.

Jess96

Jess96

Hi Jess

I'm not sure much helps other than allowing the emotions out and letting them flow through you. It will get better in time. One thing that helped me was taking a long walk after each therapy session and one each day. That is the time I would deliberately think about this stuff. I find if you set a definite time each day, it helps keep it in the background the rest of the time.
thank you for your kindness and responding I’m hoping in time the parts of me stuck in trauma will heal, thank you