• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

complex psychotherapy

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Just wondering if any of you have been thru this.

I suffer with schiszo affective disorder and extreme anxiety and after a years wait have finally started my treatment. I really cant understand the treatment. He seems obsessed with getting me out of the house. I was tol that the treatment would be tryng to find out why i was so scared about virtually everything. Last week i was suffering quite a deep depression and i couldnt keep the appointment. He phoned me up and said he was going thru the session on the phone. Yet again he went on about forcing myself to go out, but anyone who has suffered severe anxiety will know unless someone actually push you out of the door , it is virtually impossible, and with bad depression on top of that it takes you all your time to get washed let alone go out.

I am positive he has no real knowledge of depression or anxiety other than what he has read in a book. I am due to see my psychiatrist in a couple of weeks and dont know if i should tell her what i think of it, cos they tend to back each other up. I am worried about stopping the treatment because i dont know if there will be any repercussion against me,

Any advice would be appreciated.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I would say try and persevere with it for a few more weeks before making a decision.Try and discuss with him how the therapy is making you feel he should be able to help you.It takes a while to build up trust in a therapist.
I hope he turns out to be the right therapist for you after waiting so long.
KP:hug:

emski

emski

I'd agree with KP, just give it a bit longer to see if you get on with this guy. It would be a shame to stop it so soon after you have been waiting so long

:hug:

S

starfish

therapy

i have recently started my third attempt at a talking therapy. i am still at the assesment phase. this has been postponed my my hubby having become serioslly ill. the previouse two times it went pear shaped for different reasons, but each time it went wrong i was put at the bottom of their list, so i have had to wait 3 years to finally get going again. my advice is to stick with it because one step outside your door is progress for you. a doctor once told me, to literaly take one step outside of your door and the next day take two steps and so on and before you know it your on your way to recovery. good luck. just give yourself some praise when you acheive {literaly} these small steps.

emski

emski

well said dolores, that is really good advice

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
thanks for all your replies and i will try to stick it out for a while .

Hi Libra its nice to be back. I was ill for about 3 months last year and am just getting back to normal now. (whatever normal is?). Hope your feeling ok.

valxx