• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Comparing myself / getting angry about boyfriend's past

L

Lizardqueen

I'm really struggling during lockdown with comparing myself to my boyfriend's exes. Although most people tell me I'm very attractive, I can't help but notice my partner's exes were all blonde haired and blue eyed, while I'm dark haired with green eyes.

Sometimes I can go weeks without thinking about this then suddenly I'll try to push my partner away, telling him to go back with his exes (who he wasn't really in a relationship with) and I pore over their pictures until it eats me alive.

At the start of the relationship he was still messaging a few of them as a friend (I saw the messages) but he hadn't told me he had been with them until I found out by snooping later. This really affected my trust and triggered me as I've been badly betrayed by at least 3 ex partners.

But fast forward six months and I'm still struggling with the situation, thinking he prefers anyone, no matter how attractive or unattractive) if they have blonde hair. It drags me down so much and I fear I'll never let this go.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello Lizardqueen. If your partner wanted to be with his ex's then they would not be ex's. It is possible to like more then one type of person. My current partner is the first white man I have had a relationship with. I do not compare him to my ex's.

I am sorry to say, you are pushing your boyfriend away by how you are acting. By saying he should go back with them and looking at their pictures you sound like you are self sabotaging.

I can understand you feeling upset he is still in touch despite telling you he was not.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L I considered hurting myself tonight Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 16
M Being kind to myself. How? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
L my opinion of myself is based on the opinion of others Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
T i scare myself, i am about to lose everything Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
Fairy Fountain I don't know how to stand up for myself. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 27
R I hate myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
L Struggling to accept life after years of trying to kill myself. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
UnstableSolace Letting myself get treated badly, help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
S I'm afraid of myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
V I tried to harm myself today... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
Fairy Lucretia because i don't hurt myself as much Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
J Hurting myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
Fairy Lucretia i don't think i can give up hurting myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
O Struggling to forgive myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 34
S I'm taking a vow of silence (I feel ashamed of myself) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
S I'm Fighting A Battle With Myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
P I don't feel like myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
S I Can't Believe Myself!! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
Sadbutgettingbetter feel like i can't stand myself right now Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
E I can’t explain myself clearly Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
B I'm getting worse every day Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
E Chances of getting DBT? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
Koi1971 Getting better Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
S Getting a Diagnosis Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 27
B Getting over being in love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
G Getting back on track and struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
B I'm getting nowehere with the NHS mental health team Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
AntisocialDreamer Getting Diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
Justafriend95 Buddy story: Getting a puppy for my mental health! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 25
H I keep getting better at slowly getting worse. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
M I have bpd and it’s getting worse Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3