Comparing ATOS to the Nazis

J

Jambo

I get lots of angry uncontrolled thoughts/ voices in my head which say ATOS are like the Nazis because they scapegoat the black triangles. When i had my first episode years ago i had paranoia where i thought i would be eugenically murdered if i didn't recover.

Is it actually wrong to compare ATOS and benefit reform to the Nazi death camps where tens of thousads of mentally ill people and hundreds of thousands of physically disabled people were murdered? Or should we use our shared history to fights for our rights?

I'm not sure what to do with my political anger.

Black Triangle Campaign | Anti-Defamation Campaign in Defence of Disability Rights

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i have studied at depth a lot of World history leading up to what happened in Germany.

Leading up to 9/11 & especially after - there have been some very obvious parallels - how far everyone takes it all is up to civilisation/the masses & this country as a whole. i do feel that it is a very apt comparison - because the same things initially happened in pre war Germany as well - it's how it all started.

J

Jambo

But Nazi Germany was about creating a race with "pure" dna. Atos is about saving money.

The government is doing something terrible by scapegoating us. But it's not genocide.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
But Nazi Germany was about creating a race with "pure" dna. Atos is about saving money.

The government is doing something terrible by scapegoating us. But it's not genocide.
There are certain parallels - history just repeats, especially when people don't learn from it all. A lot of people have in fact died, many many thousands have - it is in part a genocide already - a very fascist agenda against the poor/vulnerable. People can't really see it because they have been/are being totally brain washed by the mass media - It was the same thing in Germany - they didn't see it either - the World didn't - Not until after the War. It was very late into the War before anyone really knew something of what was really going on. People are brainwashed fucking sheep - & that isn't some Icke thing - i'm serious. People have had their warnings, many people have spoken out - they have been ridiculed, denied & their voices drowned out. Fair enough - we'll see where it all leads.

J

Jambo

The world today is deeply corrupt. We don't even have a capitalist economy any more. we have a corrupt fraud economy which resembles organised crime.

Thierry Breton, the CEO of ATOS earns nearly 2.5 million pounds a year. And they pay no corporation tax in the UK.

Fraud is now legal just as long as you can afford the consultant to tell you how to do it properly.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The world today is deeply corrupt. We don't even have a capitalist economy any more. we have a corrupt fraud economy which resembles organised crime.

Thierry Breton, the CEO of ATOS earns nearly 2.5 million pounds a year. And they pay no corporation tax in the UK.

Fraud is now legal just as long as you can afford the consultant to tell you how to do it properly.
We're headed to very dark World, unless the masses collectively do something - the solution won't come from corporations, charities, media, or anything else in the system - There is no political, economic or religious solution - they are the problems! Can be frightening to see it all for what it all really is - But i suppose it's also a huge Cosmic Joke as well.

Lemonade

Lemonade

I don't think it's actually an inaccurate comparison. People have died as a result of what the government and Atos are doing/have done. It may not be the masses of people that the Nazis wiped out, but they are causing the deaths of people nonetheless which is equally as bad. Not one single person should have died as a result of what they're doing, and what they're doing is discriminating against the poor and those who are mentally unwell. They are, in a way, trying to wipe out the mentally ill by ignoring the problem of mental illness, purely on the grounds of greed and keeping the rich, rich. They can't really deny knowledge of the effects this is having because it's in your face every day, so they are knowingly causing the deaths of goodness knows how many vulnerable people. They're just doing it in a way that part of society deems justifiable because of the brainwashing antics of the government and the press.
I often wonder, if enough people refused to comply, perhaps they would be forced into rethinking what they're doing. But the problem with that is, not enough people will make a stand because they've frightened them too much into thinking they have to comply.

T

TheRedStar

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What many people aren't taught - and I'm not entirely sure why, but I suspect that trying to bury the psychiatric profession's significant role is part of the reason - is that the Nazi gas chambers were given a 'trial run', as it were, before being used on the Jewish population... the test subjects being the disabled and the mentally ill (i.e. those deemed to have 'incurable' conditions). With characteristic use of Nazi propaganda techniques, this was presented as 'mercy death' rather than the attempt at racial purification that it actually was.

Incidentally, the precursor to this was sterilisation of such 'genetically flawed' people... I think this is worth noting, as it illustrates how genocide is not something that just magically happens - it is a path that needs to be walked, with significant landmarks along the way.

I've got no love for Atos, far from it, but they're the equivalent of concentration camp staff who were 'just doing their jobs'. The real psychopaths are the ones giving the orders, in this case the Coalition government and Iain Duncan SSmith...

W

WonkaBar

In reality I fear Atos, but nothing compares to what the Nazi Regime did, I cant watch war history programs its just too upsetting.

History should never be repeated, though it often is.

As for Atos it was on the Telivision News they have lost their current contract and they will be no more, unfortunately who and what will replace them?

Honestly I think the next assesment people will be even more ruthless and uncaring.

fk em!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Oh and Prince Charles recently compared Russia's actions to the Nazi's.
Look under your big fat nose, Charles! x

Lemonade

Lemonade

It is very true that it isn't Atos with the power here, though they could have declined taking this on. If they actually had any morals, of course. If people like them actually refused to take on such a ruthless campaign, the government would be screwed.
I hear that Labor (Labor or Labour? My brain has blanked) have won many local elections today over the Conservatives. I can't really decide if this is good or not. I don't want the Conservatwats in any longer, but I've never felt we could trust any other party either since they all seem to be in it to line their own pockets.

W

WonkaBar

Seems the MH Services might be sending people to CBT and then using that to do a discharge from out patients.

Then if the CBT does not help us, we are left with no MH support except for a GP.

Trying to get help with benefits when we are unable to work and have no MH Support to back our ESA/PIP Assesments up is going to be much harder.

I think their is a deeper conspiracy to save money without care for the people who are in need of help.

Money talks and mentally ill suffer, as long as their spreadsheets look good.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
ATOS ought to know better. they should pull their socks up and behave properly.

Lemonade

Lemonade

Seems the MH Services might be sending people to CBT and then using that to do a discharge from out patients.

Then if the CBT does not help us, we are left with no MH support except for a GP.

Trying to get help with benefits when we are unable to work and have no MH Support to back our ESA/PIP Assesments up is going to be much harder.

I think their is a deeper conspiracy to save money without care for the people who are in need of help.

Money talks and mentally ill suffer, as long as their spreadsheets look good.
Was reading the government website earlier about the new PIP assessment and it all makes it sound so lovely and rosy, like they just want to help those poor people. It disgusts me that they paint such a picture when the truth is they're a bunch of money hungry ***** that couldn't give less of a **** about anyone but themselves.

Lemonade

Lemonade

Hugs, its all a false front for a conspiracy, besides that your cat avatar looks cute. Lol

x
Lol! Yeah, he's my baby. One of my rescue brothers. That was taken the night we found him after he went missing for a week, what a doughnut.
I like your avatar also, but it makes me hungry hehe

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

I've always thought it more than ironic that those who want to apply the "natural" rule of survival of the fittest to Society are in fact the least likely to apply those rules to their own nearest and dearest.

For Example Inheritance and Public School Education etc.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I've always thought it more than ironic that those who want to apply the "natural" rule of survival of the fittest to Society are in fact the least likely to apply those rules to their own nearest and dearest.

For Example Inheritance and Public School Education etc.
its pointless - it will never change unless we have something big happen