pepecat

pepecat

The post below has come to us from another organisation, but it looks like a good chance to put your views across if you'd like to.

The RCP have just put out a call for evidence on the status of inpatient psychiatric care in England and alternative options and it is likely this will become an election issue (the Shadow Minister for Health was asking questions in Parliament on Friday about the lack of beds in CAMHS). There is an opportunity here for those with experience of inpatient wards to write in about the urgent need to ensure people can have access to a safe, healing, therapeutic space if they ever need it. It’s a real opportunity for Soteria and Survivor Led Crisis Services to be raised. So, please consider submitting evidence to this (evidence is being submitted between 4 Feb and 18 March). More details here:

The url is The page cannot be displayed

(note - the url does work even though it says it doesn't!)

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It took me 45 minutes but I did it.. phew.
I really hope they take people's comments into consideration, especially my comments about how utterly shit Crisis Teams are.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
they seem interested in in patient care less interested in community care story of my life, probably continue with my habit of dosing myself through crisis

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

they seem interested in in patient care less interested in community care story of my life, probably continue with my habit of dosing myself through crisis
I did notice they were asking a lot about alternatives to inpatient care, which surely includes community care?
Though I see what you mean, it's not asking about community mental health teams or other activities which could prevent a crisis.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
what if i said crisis was bolting the stable door after the horse had bolted