• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Command voices

T

Takingmybrain

I dont know this go in voices or self harm?

The voices keep commanding me to do things to harm myself. (I cant explain what here because it just be removed.) I cant shut him up. Over and over he goes on . He is so strong and loud. Whats worse i actually want to go do it too now but know i really shouldnt. He has given me good reasons to give in. He twisted my arm as they say. But i know its really probably not a good idea really. I just want him to stop trying to get me to do it. Talk about something else for once please.

wollie

wollie

I know how you feel I have had these voices for 12 years now, and driven me to try 2 times, I really have no solutions other than to try and keep busy at some thing you like, on no occation let them drive you to think you should do some thing crazy like I did.
I hope they calm down soon.
All the best woolie.

T

Takingmybrain

The only reason i havent is because i live with someone and thats stopping me atm from being able to go do it. I gave in once before and ended up sectioned. I need not give in this time. I know i need keep distracted but he doesnt shut up ever.

N

natalie

Hi, Takingmybrain,

I not ice that you reside within this country. I suggest that you either call a out office on duty doctor, or better still attached to community mental health team, contact crisis team, they'll assess you, and point you forward in the right direction.

Or if you can't feel for that right now, do contact the samaritans, and they will hopefully support you.

Could you possibly try to watch a dvd, or listen to music in the interim?

It would appear that you do need to seek, immediate help of today, and this can't wait for Monday or Tuesday. Also, it seems you do need to be on some form of med, again, the pshychart ry teams after crisis team assessment, should write up a meed for you.

In terms of harm yourself, i would if you could go to A and E, and let them assess you on that f ront.

I do wish you eventually more stable.

Best Wishes, and do take good care.

T

Takingmybrain

Thanks. I will use the crisis charity line in my area maybe. I do not trust the nhs.

R

Rabbit777

If you let yourself harm yourself. It’s easier to do it the next time. If the voices had it their way I’d be dead. So not good to listen to what they want. You’re the one in control. They have influence but you have the power don’t give it to them. Don’t let them control you. You are the one in charge.