• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Coming undone

D

DELATEXT

Hi, Lately and for some considerable time my partner expects me to sort and fix every perceived problem or gripe she has about her key worker, she wants and expects a supported tenancy, I have been more like her key worker than her partner ??
The pressure is making me ill !
I cannot talk to her about as she gets very upset and complains a lot about it, her son told me he sees it and wonders how I put up with it ??
We are both ill but my partner is so single minded about this she literally expects me to magic every thing away it ??
until it is to her satisfaction ??

:eek2::eek2:

BORTU

BORTU

Hello DELATEXT,

Yes, life can be a bitch at times. I have seen you around this site so I know you are a caring person.

I spent some years married to the wrong person and I know how much pressure they can build. It appeared it was sexual frustration that drove her. She needed multiple relationships. I could not cope so In the end I quit. Left her. It was miserable as I still cared, but I saw no option.

I still live with the shadow of that time, but I remarried and was happy.

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

Those close to us make such demands they can be the reason we worry any relationship is added pressure when we are ill. They dont realise how bad we feel have you tried telling her its making you unwell. I have lived alone for years now i find relationships draining

D

DELATEXT

I love my partner very much she is driven by dreadful anxiety we did try moving into together but the pressure was to much for her and she cancelled it ??
We are together 95 % of the time as she cannot handle being alone, but she is to dependent on me, I apologise for "moaning " here and thank you for your kindness !!
I will sort things out for us , we will have a good talk, both of us being ill does not help !!:thx::thx: