• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Coming off paxil

M

Mikefromhere

I am on day 3 cold turkey coming off Paxil 20 mg. I have only been taking it for 2 months and I am starting to feel the withdrawals. The first 2 days were easy but last night I started to feel funny... Like I couldn't concentrate and my eyes were a bit shakey sometimes. I also feel quick butterflies in my guts.
I have read a lot about the withdrawals of peroxatine but it is not really helping me because most people switch meds to help.
Does anyone relate to me? I'm going thru this and don't know what to expect!

deadchick07

deadchick07

Hi mike,

Why are you coming off the meds? Have you really given them long enough to work? X

M

Mikefromhere

I just don't like the feeling of not being "myself". Whatever that means.
I actually just caved and took one because I read that it's physically dangerous to stop like this.....
What to do

deadchick07

deadchick07

Being yourself..... That would be the person who was poorly enough to go to the doctor to start with. Meds are shitty, I'm renowned for messing with mine, but I appreciate them when I'm poorly. They are not great because they do subdue us, but they can help take away the pain and problems caused by illness. With anti depressants they say you should take them for six months minimum, that might be the natural length of an episode, but they can stop you becoming fatally unwell, so worth a try?

TiredTina

TiredTina

Admin
Link to webpage

I thought you may be interested in our webpage about coming of psychiatric drugs. Please click HERE and you will be taken to the page in question. I hope you find it helpful.

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

I am on day 3 cold turkey coming off Paxil 20 mg. I have only been taking it for 2 months and I am starting to feel the withdrawals. The first 2 days were easy but last night I started to feel funny... Like I couldn't concentrate and my eyes were a bit shakey sometimes. I also feel quick butterflies in my guts.
I have read a lot about the withdrawals of peroxatine but it is not really helping me because most people switch meds to help.
Does anyone relate to me? I'm going thru this and don't know what to expect!
Did you come off of paxil?