• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Coming off meds

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Hi haven't been around for a while too busy with work family. Am coming off my meds Chlomipramine was on 100 mgs now down to 10 mgs. Unfortunately have been stressed out (long story) contracted shingles so have felt really down. Will be going on a new medication no doubt in the near future, shame really at one point I thought I'd cracked it.

S

starfish

dolores

i am new to this forum, sorry you are having a bad time, i understand that shingles can be very painfull and coming off meds can be aswell. i too am having some physical health problems as well as coming off 3 lots of meds. nightmare.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Hi I hope you do OK just hope you have a good GP unlike me!!!!

Micky

Micky

Hey,

how's things going for you??

:hug:

Micky

Micky

Hi haven't been around for a while too busy with work family. Am coming off my meds Chlomipramine was on 100 mgs now down to 10 mgs. Unfortunately have been stressed out (long story) contracted shingles so have felt really down. Will be going on a new medication no doubt in the near future, shame really at one point I thought I'd cracked it.
I'm coming off my meds too.... I have stopped sleeping tablets all together and am now on only one tablet for the depression... 150mg down to 50mg...

So do you think the medications work?? Like I thought I needed sleeping tablets but since being off them I have still slept... it seemed to be all in the mind. I know I need tablets for my depression or else I'd kill myself or do some serious harm...

:hug:

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Hi Mickey, I'm afraid my coming off meds is not going as planned, am now back up to 50mgs from 10mgs. I have come to the conclusion that it is the wrong time of year to contemplate such drastic measures so will go with the flow. Increased them yesterday after a dreadful weekend and slept well for a change so back to the drawing board for me.

J

just.me

I tried a while back to reduce the amount i was taking never worked.

thing is it is not about the tablets, you can;t just say here take these and you be better, depression doesnt work like that.

you need to talk, support find out the cause.

no one ever seems to think about that, we dont have a virus that will go in 7 days.

we need support/therapy.