• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Coming off meds

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Think I've made a mistake trying to come off too soon. I have weaned myself down to just 10mgs of chlomipramine but the past 2 days have left the tab off completely. Today was simply awful, felt so low and had suicidal thoughts. Had a tab about 3 hours ago now and seem to be back on an even keel. `i now wonder if I will have to remain on meds for life now or is it just a blip?

Also, what is the complaint where you buy stuff to cheer yourself up then revert back into the gloom once the novelty has weared off in a couple of days?

M

mad as a hatter

i,ve tried comin off meds so mant times and ended up worse i don,t think it,s worth the stress ne more i,ve also bought myself stuff the good feeling doesn,t last cause the reason ur trying cheer ur self up is still there in the background

S

Soren

coming off ad's is always miserable isn't it. its a trade off between reducing the dose gradually to ease the withdrawal side-effects, and just getting off the things so you can get on with your life.

there's a tricky balance, but there comes a point when you reach a dose low enough to just stop. sounds like thats where you are now, and you just need to stick out the horrible bit for a few days.

hope it improves soon.:)

G

gothicminx

I agree, it's always unpleasant to come off meds. Have you discussed it with your doctor? If not please do as there can be nasty side effects.

I hope you feel better soon :)

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I have decided to stop on the 10mgs for a while longer. There is no point talking to my GP because she is totally obsessed with homeopathic stuff. Quite useless really, last time I saw her we had quite an in depth chat and she asked me if I had suicidal thoughts to which I replied yes, she didn't bat an eye lid. I know I should change doctor but to be honest right now I just don't need the hassle of it. I am in a bit of a state as I've sat here for the past half hour looking at a web site containing depressing music lyrics, just can't shake the gloom.