• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Coming off lithium

P

Pear

I managed to get the pdoc to get me off lithium because I’m experiencing emotional blunting and cognitive dulling. I’m now on 500 mg. I should be happy but I can’t feel anything. It’s so disconcerting.

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Are you taking any other medications, like an antipsychotic?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Coming off risperidone? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 3
S Coming off medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 2
B Coming off citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 4
Kezav18 Coming off ciatralopram onto sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 19
M I’m coming off medication full stop. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 4
Shana09 I have been off my anti-psychotics (Quetiapine) for about 14 weeks now and... Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 9
F Getting off Lithium + Mirtazipine Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 4
M I got off sleeping pills and getting off anti-depressants! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 2
N Weaning Off Ativan Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 2
G Comming off Zopiclone and Anxiety Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 1
L comming off depot Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 2
Hello513 I am off meds again Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 13
C Detoxing off citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 5
jajingna Off the meds for several months Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 1
W Help tapering off Lamictal and finding new med Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 17
W Tapering off Lamictal and findig Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 1
N 25ml Abilify - Novelty dose wearing off/irritiblity/slight reduction unofficially of dose- 20 ml Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 5
N Very well balanced and stablised reduced to 5ml dose of Fluxoetine, to seek GP service for tapering and then off Fluxoetine permanently. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 3
J Lithium 1st timer Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 8
F Lithium decreased Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 4
F Lithium (yuk) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 5
P Vimovo has anyone taken this nsaid? With or without lithium Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 2
P Cognitive dulling from lithium Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 11
P Anyone switched from lithium to valproic acid? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 3
P Want to quit meds/lithium Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 6