• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

coming off citalopram...

H

hayles

hi all, hope things are going ok today...
i was just wondering if anyone had any advice about coming off citalopram...
i have been on citalopram for the last 2 1/2 years going from 20mg then to 10mg the last year and have currently been on 10mg every other day for the last 2 weeks...i just want to come off them now but have heard its best to come off really slowly as the withdrawel symptems can be horrible...any advice would be fab...thanx all x

schiz01

schiz01

Do it slowly ...everyone reacts differently .....while you may suffer no withdrawals someone else could find themselves in a right old mess
Best bet would be to work out a plan with your doctor if he isn't supportive of your decision find one that is.
best of luck

H

hayles

thanx, have spoken with doctor,he thinks coming off them is good idea and said to do it slowly, was going to cut my pills in half and take 5ml every other day for the next 2 weeks but am now getting impatient and just want to come off them...i have been getting the spaced out feeling and ringing in my ears and have been feeling depressed 99% of the time which is making looking after my perfect daughter really difficult so just thought maybe the quicker i do it the quicker its out my system, but obviuously dont want to do anything stupid thats going to set my progress back x