• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Coming Down?

S

Stripey

Founding Member
Used to post on here a lot, sometimes dip in and have a read of what's going on.

Anyway, just thought i'd post tonight. Have been doing okay of late, but feel myself slipping down. My bad days/times, seem to be lasting longer and becoming more frequent.

I just feel so overwhelemed by the day to day things of life. I live with my boyfriend, and really basic things like keeping on top of housework getting up in the morning even planning to go and meet people I like and do things i like, just seem to totally overwhelm me.

But i kinda feel like i'm just making excuses. I have been through the whole therapy thing, and come out of the other side, this is the bit where i get back on with my life. But if i'm honest, i just don't care enough. I have almost permanent suicidal thoughts that lurk in the back of my head.

The thing is, i do feel like - as things have been going so well and i have so much to be grateful for, if i still cant get back on track then I should just bite the bullet and end things for myself.

I've got one friend i can talk to about this stuff, but to be honest we've both been down this path so many times that i think talking to him would just make us both feel worse. I've got a psychologist who's great but i've again had the same conversation so many times with her...

Just needed to write things down in a place where others understand.

Stripey

T

Twylight

Welcome back stripey

Trying to live in the community is immensely difficult

I tend to let things build up and then sort them all at once

S

Stripey

Founding Member
Hi Twylight

Thanks for your reply. I know what you mean about letting things build up, its a habit i've tried to get out of but i know i'm still doing it.

Thanks for your response
Stripey