• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Coming down from a high

D

Dollit

It wasn't a great big high and really a stress response to the stuff I've been doing lately - too much and too intense and then it all tails off. But I've been a bit high these past few days and I'm coming down now and so I'm a bit teary (I spend half my life crying because I'm tired, depressed, getting back down to earth, Beckies puppies are cute...) But I'm not good and I want a quick fix like yesterday. Nice to get it all out of my system and now, since life goes on, I'd better get on with it.

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
sounds like you need to take it easy ..

is it like a post christmas anti climax.. where you are rushing around , panicking and frettinf and organising for a month , then suddenly its all over and your brain isnt busy any more ?

:flowers::flowers:

D

Dollit

I wish it was - it's part of the way I work and the way I am. It's part of me as opposed to being part of the bipolar, the bipolar just magnifies it. I love work and hate not being able to work full-time, just this voluntary stuff that actually takes an hour or so a day. I get antsy when I haven't got something to do so consequently say yes to stuff that someone else could do. My psych say work doesn't define me I define it but it's a lesson I haven't got the hang of yet. I get to spend some brief work time with one of my support team tonight and he'll get the lot, tears etc. I really must find other ways of avoiding the housework! More tea sandybob? :tea::tea:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
:hug: Dollit , crying is a good release so let those teras flow .

:tea: there you go a nice fresh cuppa :)

Be gentle with yourself and take it easy :flowers:

D

Dollit

Thanks Fedup, tea and fresh flowers! Just off out to meet the boys in a little while so the company will do me good and then a nice read of a good magazine I think. Angels the lot of you on here!

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hope your meeting went well :)

Just made , help yourself :) HotTea.gif

D

Dollit

The meeting went great and thanks for having a pot of tea ready when I got back! My fave guy couldn't be there but I got to work with two fantastic people, one of who I already know, the other a complete stranger to me. The thing is we're all working together in a realistic way but we make changes because we don't expect great things. I'm really lucky to work with them. Right I'm going to have my cup of tea now :hug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Pleased everything went well :), enjoy ya cuppa :)

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
I wish it was - it's part of the way I work and the way I am. It's part of me as opposed to being part of the bipolar, the bipolar just magnifies it. :tea::tea:
thats me too - I just can't do nothing. I only work part time because I have 2 young kids.

I think though I may have overstretched myself next week i am doing 1,000 miles on business around the country and I think my body is trying to complain about it - I have a proper pants cold at the moment and the thought of spending next week on the M6 is filling me with dread.

Somehow I think that next weekend might just be a flop weekend

D

Dollit

Don't forget to plug in to us if it all gets a bit hairy - that's the blessings of the internet world, it's always there. :tea:

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
thanks dollit - I have found this a great place to let off steam and perhaps say stuff I would have normally kept to myself

quite literally it can be a lifeline for keeping sane when normally I would have kept things bottled up

you guys feel like friends even though I don't know you

D

Dollit

Midnight that's so good you can say that and it's just what I need to hear at the moment. Can't go into details on the public forum but I've had a pretty nasty couple of days and lost sleep. Being able to come on here and just be with people is fantastic. Everybody has a legitimate point of view and everybody is at different stages and that's what makes it work. It's a place I'm glad to have and I'm glad you're here sharing it. :hug: :tea: