• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Comfort Eating...

F

FuzzyM

I'm currently trying to fight off the urge to binge eat... but it seems to be working (so far) plus i know it doesn't help with both my IBS & possible trigger of Diverticula Disease. How is everyone this evening, anyone wanna talk? :)

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi FuzzyM,
Welcome to the forum
Well done for fighting the urges, I to comfort eat. I've improved a lot recently.
I try not to buy junk foods now,I can't eat it then.
I know how hard it is.
Lovely part of the Country you live in.
Do you have any pets?

N

natalie

I know what comfort food zone, is like and is, I am still there, sometimes, if I feel frazzled, or turns regarding the weather, then, I know i will aim for cripes more, and savoury sandwhiches, now, as long I'll knit and listen to music, a lot, full time so to speak, then, I know I can't slip up.

F

FuzzyM

Hi FuzzyM,
Welcome to the forum
Well done for fighting the urges, I to comfort eat. I've improved a lot recently.
I try not to buy junk foods now,I can't eat it then.
I know how hard it is.
Lovely part of the Country you live in.
Do you have any pets?
Sorry I've only just seen this, it really is pretty although i need to try & get to the Lakes a bit more. I do have pets, i have a house Rabbit & a Guinea Pig... We also had 2 Goldfish but the last one died not long ago. How about you?

F

FuzzyM

I know what comfort food zone, is like and is, I am still there, sometimes, if I feel frazzled, or turns regarding the weather, then, I know i will aim for cripes more, and savoury sandwhiches, now, as long I'll knit and listen to music, a lot, full time so to speak, then, I know I can't slip up.
Fighting urges can be hard but we can do this, my Birthday ( that i tried to cancel ) is next week, i "think" i might be getting a smart watch so that will help with knowing steps etc when I'm going for walks.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I never thought of myself as an over eater but as I aged and gained weight I realized I was over eating. I went on weight watchers and lost a great amount of weight. I worked program after program to get to my desired weight. It was worth all the diets I put myself on. Really taught me a lot, and I feel healthier.

<3