• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Comfort eater

C

Candy555

I am so fed up with not being able to control my eating.Not sure if I actually have an eating disorder. But I feel I have.I am very over weight and I just can't control my eating enough to lose weight.I really hate myself and feel so ashamed.I don't know if my problem is for this forum.But thought I'd give it a try.if there is anyone else on here with similiar difficulties it would be great to hear from you

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Candy. Please do not feel ashamed. Many turn to food when we struggle. I think we often eat when feeling sad to block out the sadness. I think therapy is very helpful for that. If you are concerned you may have an eating disorder then you could read this link and see if you feel it describes you.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i too comfort eat x it really is not anything to be ashamed of ,therapy can help but you have to be ready for that
i am very overweight and my partner recently lost some weight which disheartens me but i will keep trying
you know where i am if you ever want to talk more about this x Lu x

JessisMe

JessisMe

I am so fed up with not being able to control my eating.Not sure if I actually have an eating disorder. But I feel I have.I am very over weight and I just can't control my eating enough to lose weight.I really hate myself and feel so ashamed.I don't know if my problem is for this forum.But thought I'd give it a try.if there is anyone else on here with similiar difficulties it would be great to hear from you
Hi there I have a similar problem. I don’t know if it is technically considered an eating disorder but it is a disorder concerning eating for sure. I don’t know what makes me eat the way that I do. Sometimes I think it is for boredom, other times comfort, other times I think it’s maybe that I have a stronger appetite than others. Or find food more delicious than others. My weight has swung RADICALLY in my adult years. I am heavy now but not as heavy as I have been. I do find it very difficult to lose weight. I will start off the day right but then think because I started out with only a little then I can have more later. Then I’ll throw in a snack or two. By dinner time I am back to having regular servings and the day will start over with a similar cycle again. I don’t know what causes us to be this way and not others. I can only think that it is something that causes some people to have a problem with eating and others to not. I try to acknowledge that it is a problem that I was likely born with because I have almost always been this way, and that other people do not have this problem or this struggle. I try to forgive myself for struggling with it because I do believe is a condition that nobody would ever ask for and in this respect it is really not my fault. I have been able to make inroads this year in weight loss through being mindful of my diet and walking two miles a day. But it has been slow in coming off and I am concerned that it might just slip back on again over time. xo, j

I

irwin

I often reward myself with cookies or some other sugary food when I'm feeling anxious or down. I'm not really overweight, though, other than a big gut. All my fat accumulates at my gut while my arms and legs remain skinny. From what I've read, that's from elevated blood sugar levels caused partially from increased cortisol levels from stress. Cortisol is known as the stress hormone.

Sometimes, if I tell myself that my gut's going to get bigger if I eat sweets, I can control my urges. I weigh the pros and cons and sometimes the cons are greater, so I refrain. Other times I just say screw it and eat it anyway.

M

ManDss

I never had an eating disorder.

But I encorauge you to eat better.

I started eating healthier since some years, and maked you really good.

Try to eat lot of vegetables, so if u eat a lot, its not going to be bad.

C

Candy555

i too comfort eat x it really is not anything to be ashamed of ,therapy can help but you have to be ready for that
i am very overweight and my partner recently lost some weight which disheartens me but i will keep trying
you know where i am if you ever want to talk more about this x Lu x
Thanks for all the help and support and for the offer to talk more if I want. It is so good to know I am not the only one with this eating problem,candy

Taffy

Taffy

I also over eat that's about the only thing that makes me feel good but bad at the same time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MarieRose Eating Disorders Forum 44
F Eating Disorders Forum 5
F Eating Disorders Forum 2
A Eating Disorders Forum 9