• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Comfort/Binge eating...

F

FuzzyM

Sadly ever since i grew up through different School's & being bullied i found comfort through food, mainly Chocolate Bars.
I have been up & down with this habit for as long as i can remember but once i had left School it was for several other reasons instead. I managed to control it somehow for quite sometime ( i cant remember how ) but in the last couple of years it has reared its ugly head again & my Mam became very poorly, she was diagnosed with Terminal Cancer, then my world slowly started spiraling downwards... she is/was my best friend. I have since put on 4 stone which i hate! I've recently started to control this again, mostly by trying to keep my hands busy. My mind however is never far from my Mam.
The Dr has suggested re trying Bereavement Counselling as i tried once but perhaps was too soon and they also brought up all the other family deaths in the past years which at the time, didn't really help. Has also mentioned PTSD from things i re see & dreams i have, i have a lot of those :cry:

I am married & i have 3 gorgeous children, but life isn't quite the same for me anymore since losing her.

I guess i am just looking to chat to people in the same or similar situation. Thankyou for reading.🖤

Lizaje

Lizaje

I can imagine it would be a struggle to try and fix your diet without supporting your mental wellbeing so if you can get medication and therapy or counselling for other issues — usually you can also discuss pobelms with eating there — that might be a good step toward healthy living.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Fuzzy M. I am so sorry to hear about your mum. I can understand finding comfort in food. I think we often eat to numb pain and sweet foods are soothing. Therapy is hard but it will give you a chance to discuss your pain. Maybe once you are able to vocalise how you feel you will have more control over food.