• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Come on then, what's your Bipolar creativity?

W

Williebillie

I think the bipolar meds I'm taking have taken away most of my creativity. I used to draw and do watercolors, but have not done those for a few years now. No motivation. But I'm learning a new song on my guitar, and it's very therapeutic. For a few days I did some intensive research into moving to Mexico, but decided that was a dumb idea. I'd be 80 years old by the time I got there, and my Spanish is very poor. No can do. I'm 78 now. The president of Mexico is cozying up to Trump, and Trump and his fascist cronies are the reason I'm scared and want to move out of the country. The Mexican people are very upset with their president for his photo-op and meetings with Trump, because of what Trump has said about Mexicans, that they are rapists. But I've tried escaping twice before, and both times I came back to the USA because my destinations didn't work out the way I thought they would. The song I'm working on is a tragic song, and the last line goes "Say Goodbye to everyone, Goodbye to everyone." It's a substitute for moving away. It's a very, very sad song and I love working on it.
i like painting to is water color the best or what style is your painting you sound like you would possibly have some good detail

M

mugwort

Hi Williebillie To me your writing is very creative. I like your way with words, especially describing the substances of what you write.

W

Williebillie

hey mugwort cool name . ill send ya a free copy when i get done. forsure

M

mugwort

Thanks Williebillie. Pleased you like my name? I write a lighthearted blog. Its in my sig if you want to check it out. Mugwort is an herb that is used in Wicca. One of my womenfriends is that.

GaryC123

GaryC123

Doggerel I wrote yesterday in the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes when I'm feeling like shit I just have to write something. This one I thought was a bit amusing.

TITLE: A Musing Misfit

Hi
I’m Gary
And I’m bipolar
Sometimes it feels
Like my life is over

It’s just past midnight
And I’m wide awake
I guess drinking all that caffeine
Was a big mistake

Now I sit here all wired
And type on these keys
Trying to write a poem
That someone will read

This is my fifth draft
And I’m hoping for a hit
But it’s looking quite bad
And sounding like…
Well, you know.

So I think perhaps
It might be best
To give up now
And get some rest

L

LRS1982

Well they say this is the good thing about bipolar so let's hear it; what's your best creative side?
Does anyone find they seem a bit stuck on this, maybe because they havent done any music lessons, paint classes etc, do you feel a bit 'stuck' but know the creativity is there somewhere? x
I get this. I always want to do something and I can feel the passion to do something arty but I don't know what it is. If that makes sense.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Bipolar Forum 2
A Bipolar Forum 2
Julzeebub Bipolar Forum 3
Wandering2 Bipolar Forum 8
K Bipolar Forum 5