• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Come on then, what's your Bipolar creativity?

W

Williebillie

I think the bipolar meds I'm taking have taken away most of my creativity. I used to draw and do watercolors, but have not done those for a few years now. No motivation. But I'm learning a new song on my guitar, and it's very therapeutic. For a few days I did some intensive research into moving to Mexico, but decided that was a dumb idea. I'd be 80 years old by the time I got there, and my Spanish is very poor. No can do. I'm 78 now. The president of Mexico is cozying up to Trump, and Trump and his fascist cronies are the reason I'm scared and want to move out of the country. The Mexican people are very upset with their president for his photo-op and meetings with Trump, because of what Trump has said about Mexicans, that they are rapists. But I've tried escaping twice before, and both times I came back to the USA because my destinations didn't work out the way I thought they would. The song I'm working on is a tragic song, and the last line goes "Say Goodbye to everyone, Goodbye to everyone." It's a substitute for moving away. It's a very, very sad song and I love working on it.
i like painting to is water color the best or what style is your painting you sound like you would possibly have some good detail

M

mugwort

Hi Williebillie To me your writing is very creative. I like your way with words, especially describing the substances of what you write.

W

Williebillie

hey mugwort cool name . ill send ya a free copy when i get done. forsure

M

mugwort

Thanks Williebillie. Pleased you like my name? I write a lighthearted blog. Its in my sig if you want to check it out. Mugwort is an herb that is used in Wicca. One of my womenfriends is that.

GaryC123

GaryC123

Doggerel I wrote yesterday in the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes when I'm feeling like shit I just have to write something. This one I thought was a bit amusing.

TITLE: A Musing Misfit

Hi
I’m Gary
And I’m bipolar
Sometimes it feels
Like my life is over

It’s just past midnight
And I’m wide awake
I guess drinking all that caffeine
Was a big mistake

Now I sit here all wired
And type on these keys
Trying to write a poem
That someone will read

This is my fifth draft
And I’m hoping for a hit
But it’s looking quite bad
And sounding like…
Well, you know.

So I think perhaps
It might be best
To give up now
And get some rest

L

LRS1982

Well they say this is the good thing about bipolar so let's hear it; what's your best creative side?
Does anyone find they seem a bit stuck on this, maybe because they havent done any music lessons, paint classes etc, do you feel a bit 'stuck' but know the creativity is there somewhere? x
I get this. I always want to do something and I can feel the passion to do something arty but I don't know what it is. If that makes sense.

M

markprosso538

nice peom! Mine is definetely music and poetry, I've gotten back into guitar and started taking lessons again, am hoping it's not going to be a phase like so many of my passions turn out to be. I wrote a couple songs, this one is a little sad..

sometimes i just wish i could feel
o to deny this can't be real
time seems to slip away
and in the black hole
seems to be where i can see

So I'll paint my room black
and go and lock the doors
I will think my way out
expecting less and wanting more

so look unto the stars
they are so far away
maybe in a past life
we'll find a better way

H

hhhhk444

I write poetry. Lots of poetry. Prose. Screenwriting. Photography. I used to sing and songwrite and play piano, but lost that. I feel like I've lost a lot these days.

B

BrightEyedGirl

When i was 16 I covered all 4 walls top to bottom in cut outs from magazines, it was so cool, it was totally plastered with no gaps, people were 'amazed' lol
I totally did the same thing, music related for all of it for me around the same age too. Music has always been an escape from the highs and lows, my music library is very confusing to a lot of people because it is all over the place and I am well known for skipping till something "feels" right for the mood.

A

Abstract

im an artist, i dont paint much this is a rarity for me to paint with oils, i love to sketch a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anna1982

I always want to write when i'm high, i want to write a book of some kind and this has been a theme for years now. That's about it though apart from my baking, i can create amazing meals but wouldn't want to do it professionally, too much pressure, i get joy from taking my time, it's therapeutic too.
I always want to get involved with something new to keep my mind occupied from not so helpful thoughts but I can never follow through on this my mind just wont let me

N

normanis domesticus

When I am in a depressive phase, I am literally disabled when it comes to doing things that make me whole and help keep me balanced. I don't exercise, go for walks, play or write music, bake bread, contact friends or enjoy hanging out with my wife.

AnxiousE

AnxiousE

I've seen this and threads like this in other places and never really felt I could contribute. It's not easy for me to be creative, and in fact, it's nearly impossible to do when I'm in certain moods, which as y'all probably know, could last a long time, so you almost forget there is a creative ability in you at all!

But, I'd just like to say that I think somewhere inside is a writing creativity. I mean, sure I'm smart, but coming up with fun ideas is a bit tricky. Sometimes, I'm without a single idea, while other times, I'm overwhelmed with ideas.

On this note, I think I should spend some time now on my writing, because I missed out yesterday and that bummed me out. :D

J

Joeblack

Well they say this is the good thing about bipolar so let's hear it; what's your best creative side?
Does anyone find they seem a bit stuck on this, maybe because they havent done any music lessons, paint classes etc, do you feel a bit 'stuck' but know the creativity is there somewhere? x
Hi when I am depressed I write poetry, unfortunately it’s dark poetry