• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Come on then, what's your Bipolar creativity?

Rocket04

Rocket04

Well I've just got a laser machine to make stuff with, but it's sometimes hard to get the interest in it, I've done a few bits and pieces, I have millions of ideas running around holding hands in my head, but when it comes to remember them they have gone. I've got a notebook that I write reminders in do I'm using that. The box on my profile picture is one that I've done.

Attachments

A

Arthur242630

When im on a high i wish i was famous i listen to my ipod and imagine im the one on stage. I listen to Alicia Keys and imagine i have her talent of playing the piano ect. i get such a buzz from music. but mostly i dream of being a really important dr like a surgeon being able to help ppl and change there lifes and have that element of respect u get from having such an amazing profession. I think i just want to be someone important u know. i get the buzz and start looking on the internet at scrubs and all the little gadgets i would buy and see how i become a dr even though i could never be intelligent enough.
I'm totally the same.
I'm so glad I've found this forum it's made me realise there's other people out there like me.
Sometimes I go so in depth with details that they can cross over in to my reality, when I say my reality I mean more of a warping where sometimes for brief moments it feels real.
Sometimes I get so deep I worry I may cross over completely and lose who I am.
I remember once I was on the sick after having a knee operation and I decided to do a bit of reading.
Over a period of 3 months I'd read All the Arthur C Clarke Space odyssey books, all of his Rama books a few others by Arthur C Clarke, about 10 Stephen King books and virtually all of James Herbert's books.
I became that lost in literature that I started narrating my own life.
Every step I made, every door I opened was spoken with a mishmash of descriptive narratives.
As funny as it sounds and it does to me I felt like I was losing my individuality and losing what made me me.
I haven't been able to sit still long enough since to read another book.
I used to love reading, now I'm more worried I'll become a living book.

E

elliejam

I love writing, so I guess in my "highs" it's when I feel the most creative. I used to draw too. I like to sing and I'd make acting monologue's in the shower (LOL). Then again also during a time, where I think I'm amazing at what I do. Then the low comes and I cringe at myself. HA

Zig Zag

Zig Zag

Hi elliejam What you describe could easily be me Good luck to you on your highs they make the the lows bearable.🐯

Wandering2

Wandering2

My bipolar has changed my interests so many times very early on. Lets start career: CAP or Civil Air Patrol for the air force at 14 wanted to be a pilot. Then cosmetology, quit that the last month, then message therapy, quit that 2. I took jazz dance lessons, tap lessons when i was little. 5 years of college to be a probation officer, the job never happened but got my degree. Im now a free lance maid, make soap, floral arrangements, paint, try to keep my home clean 😁 still looking for the ONE hobby.

Zig Zag

Zig Zag

Hi Wandering2 I am Bipolar 1 . I find all my jobs start when I am on a bit of a high .I have to cope with it during any low spells but I have never been sacked yet.lol

JessisMe

JessisMe

Well they say this is the good thing about bipolar so let's hear it; what's your best creative side?
Does anyone find they seem a bit stuck on this, maybe because they havent done any music lessons, paint classes etc, do you feel a bit 'stuck' but know the creativity is there somewhere? x
I used to bake in large l quantities when I was manic and have ideas for dozens of business, only a few of which were realized. None have been followed through on. I would get splashy and loud with my makeup and use acrylic nails that I would focus lots of time on keeping up. Sometimes
I would buy lots of
different fashionable clothing that I would have no occasion to wear or that wouldn’t fit me. I’m sure there are other things but that’s all I can think of for now....

ness15

ness15

I'm a singer, but I find it really difficult to get motivated to practice and perform when I'm low. When I'm high I just want to perform constantly. It's the same with writing. Some days I could write forever, but other days just thinking about facing it sends me into a panic.

Wandering2

Wandering2

I'm a singer, but I find it really difficult to get motivated to practice and perform when I'm low. When I'm high I just want to perform constantly. It's the same with writing. Some days I could write forever, but other days just thinking about facing it sends me into a panic.
It's hard to do well when pressure and anxiety come into play. It tangles your thoughts then boom, brain fried, panicking 😖😭 I panic for no reason, I have panic disorder and it's hard to cope when medication can't even control it. Sometimes I'd just rather be in a coma.

ness15

ness15

It's hard to do well when pressure and anxiety come into play. It tangles your thoughts then boom, brain fried, panicking 😖😭 I panic for no reason, I have panic disorder and it's hard to cope when medication can't even control it. Sometimes I'd just rather be in a coma.
I feel you! I have panic disorder too so sometimes everything just feels too much.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Bipolar Forum 8
C Bipolar Forum 8
Julzeebub Bipolar Forum 3
Wandering2 Bipolar Forum 8
K Bipolar Forum 5